74 Dart Disc Brake Conversion

-

ldan201

74 Dart Swinger
Reaction score
I have a 74 Dart Swinger and I'm thinking of converting to disc brakes for the bigger bolt pattern. I have a 75 Valiant with all the steering components but no rotors or calipers. What parts do I need to put disc brakes on my 74?

Dan

I have performed this conversion several times. Since the 75 Valiant has the steering components you need, just purchase new rotors and rebuilt calipers. Try to find loaded calipers. Loaded units come with all the hardware needed to install and new brake pads too. If you can't find loaded units you will have to purchase the holdown plates and bolts and the bolts that mount the calipers to the spindles. Your also going to need to need new wheels bearings and grease seals. I don't know the availability of these parts in Canada, but they're very readily availble here. Try undercar.com or Rare parts.com. they will direct ship to you. Hope this helps.
HemimanDan

Thanks alot. So the new rotor will bolt onto the old spindle from drum brakes and I can use the old strut?

No, you need the spindle, upper a arm, what he said, and the perportioning valve for the disc brake setup. And the master cylinder also! All from the disc brake car.

ldan201 said:
I have a 74 Dart Swinger and I'm thinking of converting to disc brakes for the bigger bolt pattern. I have a 75 Valiant with all the steering components but no rotors or calipers. What parts do I need to put disc brakes on my 74?

Dan

Isn't the 74 Dart already equipped with the large bolt pattern? I thought all 73-76 A-bodies were large bolt pattern? With the correct Upper control arms spindles already??? Now Im confused................ :silent:

the drum breake 73-?upa bodies have small blt pattern ,but im not sure about the upper ball joint size,i hope it is same as disk upper control arm

-
Back