74 dart door glass stop adjustment

-

kyhemicuda

Reaction score
Ok guys I've been working on a 74 dart restoration for customer for over 8 months now and finishing up the doors has got me stumped.there are 7 holes in the door glass 3 of which the plate for the regulator track goes on 2 forward and rear of it have guide with two stops built in it almost looks like someone giving the finger.there are 2 stops that bolt to inner door shell that the guide looks like is supposed to hit and stop on to keep from going up to high.also a rail along top edge of inner door shell that the middle finger section slides into. with stops all the way down my glass still comes out of door 3/4 inch to far and can't be adjusted down any further.Am I missing something or what .

do you have the plastic inner door edge installed? that takes up some space & might be your issue, Lawrence

I have some heads ups for you in a few here.

Just saw the post about the differences, so I'll wait for pics.

the blue door is a 74 the brown door is 73, the blue door has a single style regulator that slides up/down on the column.
the 73 style is makes a scissor motion

Lawrence

Ok guys I've been working on a 74 dart restoration for customer for over 8 months now and finishing up the doors has got me stumped.there are 7 holes in the door glass 3 of which the plate for the regulator track goes on 2 forward and rear of it have guide with two stops built in it almost looks like someone giving the finger.there are 2 stops that bolt to inner door shell that the guide looks like is supposed to hit and stop on to keep from going up to high.also a rail along top edge of inner door shell that the middle finger section slides into. with stops all the way down my glass still comes out of door 3/4 inch to far and can't be adjusted down any further.Am I missing something or what .
here are the pics

Attachments

• 20141229_180257.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 113
  • 20141229_180238.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 97
  • 20141229_180227.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 103
have you put the plastic trim piece I mentioned about on it ? that takes up some space & is not present in your pictures.

Besides how does the glass fit the opening & the weather strip on the car?
Lawrence

have you put the plastic trim piece I mentioned about on it ? that takes up some space & is not present in your pictures.

Besides how does the glass fit the opening & the weather strip on the car?
Lawrence
haven't installed the plastic yet .it's close to fitting but not exact yet.we installed new rubber if you crank window up with door open it goes up to far haven't tried it closed yet will this morning. so the glass isn't supposed to hit stops when its rolled all the way up.

haven't installed the plastic yet .it's close to fitting but not exact yet.we installed new rubber if you crank window up with door open it goes up to far haven't tried it closed yet will this morning. so the glass isn't supposed to hit stops when its rolled all the way up.
figured it out this morning .the stops don't go in vertically they sit horizontally . i've been in collision repair for over 35 years and never seen a window stop put in this way before.

good deal, never thought about how the stops were placed when I dismantled those years ago!!

-
Back