74 Dart Sport Bucket Seat Covers

-

chgr1

74 Dart Sport
Reaction score
As the thread implies, I have a 74 Dart Sport and I have to reupholster the seats but I like the 75 Dart Sport Style with the smooth headrest. I believe the set frames are the same 74 to 75. Having trouble finding new seat foam but any opinions as to difficulties using 75 covers on a 74.

One other reason I like to change, I want to have the Pentastar embroidered with red stitching in the smooth head rest.

Steve

As the thread implies, I have a 74 Dart Sport and I have to reupholster the seats but I like the 75 Dart Sport Style with the smooth headrest. I believe the set frames are the same 74 to 75. Having trouble finding new seat foam but any opinions as to difficulties using 75 covers on a 74.

One other reason I like to change, I want to have the Pentastar embroidered with red stitching in the smooth head rest.

Steve
Decided not to go with the special embroidery in the 75 seat cover headrest area, ordered the 74 covers. Talked to a local upholstery shop, said they would have to take the new seat cover apart to do the special stitching. not sure about that. Looked up PUI dealers and the local upholster is listed for them. That's probably why, they didn't like me using Legendary.
Anyway ordered the new 74 Dart Sport F&R seat covers and door panels from Legendary, they have 25% off on orders, and 50% off shipping $499 and up and free shipping on orders over $999 through the holidays, order online and get a $50 gift certificate. Also ordered the door panel clips and headliner retaining clips. Talked to Ron at Legendary, delivery date mid February, don't need them right now anyway. Saved me a few hundred $. I'm ordering the carpet (ACC) and headliner from Rock Auto, got a discount code for them.

Also need the new seat foam but nobody has a specific product for the front buckets, probably because the 74 Sport has wires running through the foam. Local upholstery material supply store has new foam, batting and burlap, Ill use them for new foam. Some web sites have new rear seat foam kits but not for the front buckets.

I think it was Pro-Fit listed the same part numbers as Legendary, I guess they get their stuff from Legend.

Steve C.

-
Back