74 Dart Sport "C" Pillar Panels Salvage Yard Find

-

chgr1

74 Dart Sport
Reaction score
Last week end my wife and I went to John's Salvage down in Seguin Texas. This is a very old huge yard. We were looking for mainly interior pieces for our car.
Found several Dusters and Dart Sports there. One Duster had its complete interior still intact.

It would be easy to get the C pillar interior panels out if you could remove the pop out rear window but you cant get to that damn hidden screw for the window frame behind the panel.

We managed to coax out the "C" pillar plastic interior panels without breaking them. We now have two complete sets. All for $20. Now to recondition them, dye them our color and reinstall.

Also managed to pick 2 windshield wiper arms in perfect condition, a complete set (right and left) of exterior drip rail chrome trim, complete set of arm rests, SB 360 H2O pump double groove pulley, 2 interior door latch release handles and the little buckets they fit into in near perfect condition.

It was a very good day!!

It is great that there are still wrecking yards that you can walk through and pick stuff yourself.
I like that.

It is great that there are still wrecking yards that you can walk through and pick stuff yourself.
I like that.
Yes it is. John's Salvage is a no crush yard. In some places there are cars stacked 3 high. I snapped this pick of where the little dust shield goes in the C pillar area.
To get the drip rail chrome trim I had to stand on the open window door frame of a Duster and very carefully pry the trim off of a Dart that was setting on top of the Duster.

Our Dart Sport is a heat only car. I almost picked the AC Heater dash control out of a Dart because I had thoughts of putting in factory air. But I left it there. I have almost all the pieces but I cant find a new AC evaporator to go in the under dash unit. Heater cores yes, Evaps no. Then we thought about a Vintage air unit, you have to use the heat only control panel. If I decide to I can always go back and get it.

I bought all the parts I listed for $138 including tax. Oh, they didn't charge me for the little plastic stand wedge piece the C pillar panel screws to, you can see it in the pic. Got plenty of them. Also found aftermarket radio face / knob plates lying in one of the cars. I can use them to cover up my hacked dash woodgrain panel. They didn't charge me for those either.
They are very reasonable on their prices. Still lots of parts left there for Mopars. Some going back to 39 - When I had my 39 Chrysler coupe I picked some parts off one there.

In the AMC part of the yard, when was the last time you saw a herd of AMC Gremlins? Even an AMC Marlin.

John's is in Seguin down near Interstate 10 way out in the middle of no place. If your down this way its worth checking out. You'll find them on the web.

Steve

IMG_0983.JPG

-
Back