74 Dart Sport LM29 Weather Stripping

-

chgr1

74 Dart Sport
Reaction score
Anybody else find it frustrating to sort out all the incorrect information regarding what does or does not fit the Dart Sport.
I have to get the roof rails, doors, 1/4 popouts both pieces, beltline and other weather stripping.

For the 1/4 popouts - is the front leading piece a part of the roof rail seal or is it a separate piece? Seems the rear surround seal from Classic MA 9866 is out of stock. Anybody else find them?

Vendors descriptions are confusing at best and none of them seem to reference back to the actual Mopar part numbers.
I just hate to order something just to find out it doesn't fit, even though it says it fits a Dart Sport, then have to return it at my expense. E-Bay vendors / sellers the worst at this! They rank right down there with Rock Auto stuff. And these things are getting dog gone expensive.

Sometimes the parts are referenced as fitting a coupe or hardtop then other times its referenced as a fastback.
Generally I follow the rule if it fits the 2Dr Dart & Duster 73-75 it's correct. If it ever says Valiant, swinger or scamp it is not correct. Reference to a Demon may or may not be correct.

Have any of you that has a Dart Sport found a vendor that can get you the correct parts?
I'll look at Just Mopar site stuff.

Steve Cass

Last edited:
Anybody else find it frustrating to sort out all the incorrect information regarding what does or does not fit the Dart Sport.
I have to get the roof rails, doors, 1/4 popouts both pieces, beltline and other weather stripping.

For the 1/4 popouts - is the front leading piece a part of the roof rail seal or is it a separate piece? Seems the rear surround seal from Classic MA 9866 is out of stock. Anybody else find them?

Well if it says it fits h/t don't get it some of it will fit both like door seals. As far as pop out windows I saw classic had them but I would doubt it no one else has them. If you have a question just call the vendor. My advise is to buy a kit as big as you can afford and yes you will have over a grand in weatherstripping

Ended up ordering some of the stuff from Just Mopar. They were specific about what parts fit the Sport. got a good feeling through their descriptions they knew what they were talking about. Very good site and some of the best prices I've seen. Ordered the kit and the beltline sweepers. We'll see what I get.

Beltline sweepers (Door Felts) Inner & Outer WX192 - SKU795 - $116.95
Door Weather Stripping - SKU435 (LM23E) - $75
Roof Rail - SKU957 (RR4005-A) - $75

Kit - Door, Roof Rail, & Trunk - SKU683 - $170

For the quarter window pop out seals - Mopar Part Number 2965-640 & 641
Just Mopar does not list them.
Steele rubber says they will be available June 2016 70-2426-76 - $164.80
Classic Industries - MA9866 - Out of Stock - $87.99 Got a query into them about availability
MRMoparts - QWP3411-73 - says they have them - $119
Jims Auto Parts - WS QWP 341073 - they also seem to have them - $109.95

Steve

Last edited:
-
Back