74 Dart swinger Rust

-

Evan Dutch

Reaction score
Just picked up this car yesterday. Was able to take a look at it and see where the rust was.

There is also some rust in the outer rockers, and there is a sizeable hole in the floor behind drivers seat. Who makes the best replacement panels for this kind of stuff?

IMG_0502.JPG

IMG_0504.JPG

IMG_0506.JPG

IMG_0508.JPG

IMG_0511.JPG

Oh man.. that sail panel rust is killer. Might be better off with just a different car if you're not an experienced welder. AMD makes great parts, but you're going to pay. I've taken a risk and ordered some cheaper parts off of Ebay and haven't been let down yet.

Oh man.. that sail panel rust is killer. Might be better off with just a different car if you're not an experienced welder. AMD makes great parts, but you're going to pay. I've taken a risk and ordered some cheaper parts off of Ebay and haven't been let down yet.

I can weld alright. Not much of a fabricator or body man though. Don't have much experience with body work.

AMD makes great stuff. Well worth it.

That said, they no longer make quarter panels for 73 to 76 darts. That's per AMD themselves. Goodmark and Sherman still do but the prices have gone up and they're often times sold out now that AMD has stopped stamping the quarters.

Also, I have a parts car I can cut the roof sections out of for you want. No reproduces that are to my knowledge

AMD makes great stuff. Well worth it.

That said, they no longer make quarter panels for 73 to 76 darts. That's per AMD themselves. Goodmark and Sherman still do but the prices have gone up and they're often times sold out now that AMD has stopped stamping the quarters.
Body work is a pretty satisfying thing, although I know guys that won't touch it. I'm still pretty young but I kinda just dived in, and learned as I went. It's a lot of sanding I'll tell you that

Also, I have a parts car I can cut the roof sections out of for you want. No reproduces that are to my knowledge
I don't see why they stopped making parts for the 74 through 76 Dodge dart. There is still plenty of them still out there. Oh well, I wanted the car bad enough so I bought it I'll bring it back to life. I think you're right, I don't think they make any roof skin reproductions.

Body work is a pretty satisfying thing, although I know guys that won't touch it. I'm still pretty young but I kinda just dived in, and learned as I went. It's a lot of sanding I'll tell you that
Never have been much into bodywork, probably because I don't really know how to do it. There is a guy I work with who is currently redoing one of Bobby Allison's race cars. I'll have to ask him next week for some tips and tricks.

I don't see why they stopped making parts for the 74 through 76 Dodge dart. There is still plenty of them still out there. Oh well, I wanted the car bad enough so I bought it I'll bring it back to life. I think you're right, I don't think they make any roof skin reproductions.
My understanding is that is was a problem with the stamping die for the quarter panels. The guy I talked to from amd said they're hoping to get it going agan in about 3 years. So I'm not sure what the exact reason is.

-
Back