'74 Dart Swinger Slant Six - Colorado

-

OrangeSwinger

Reaction score
I was recently reunited with the '74 Swinger I drove in high school 26 years (yikes!) ago. The car sat at my parents property UNCOVERED for about 24 years. Damn thing still runs!

The plan is to restore this Dart with my 13 year old son and he'll drive it to school I a few years. All the high horse power engine swaps are tempting but for now we'll just get it in safe driving condition and have fun with it.

I'll soon have lots of questions about brakes, electrical, engine, cooling, etc. I've been reading a ton and studying up on procedures, best practices, etc. Some of you may have seen my introduction at slantsix.org a few weeks ago.

Thanks everyone!

The horrible "me circa 1991" and "13 year old son circa 2018" photos are for your eyes.

1930779_45651920364_5068_n.jpg

20180416_195453-1~2.jpg

Welcome, great site, you'll learn a lot. I remember those night sitting on the front on a car, drinking! Good looking Dart, great wheels for your son!

Welcome to the forum. I can remember going to the drive in with my 68 Dart, you could sit on trunk and lean against the back window with your friends while enjoying the movie. Can't do that anymore, they sure don't make them like they used to.

-
Back