74 dart taillights on a 74 scamp?

-

74scamp360

Reaction score
So i bought my scamp because i have always been a little more fond of the plymouth front end in 74 over the dodge, but after some looking and thinking i like the dodge taillights far better then the plymouth ones, so my question is are tailights from a 74 dart direct bolt ins to my 74 scamp? they look like the same size/shape but i've never done any measurements to be sure and figured i'd ask u guys here first. Thanks in advance for the help!

YES but no i did the exact oposite on my 1974 dart I put the scamp taillights into it. BE careful beacuse the dart taillights are 3 pieces that LOVE to break were as the scamp/valiants are 2 pieces and built alot better the tailights will fit with no problem the issue comes in when you put the finishing pannel on, the dart taillight bezels are longer then then scamp bezeles so, if you put the dart lights in the car then you need the dart tail pannel and the other way around. any more questions shoot me a line also if you have a set of scamp/valiant taillights HOLD onto them because they are harder to get then dart tailights

ok thanks for the responses guys, mopardrt, what exactly do you mean by the dart tail panel, do you mean the steel(or aluminum, sorry i forget what they're made of) piece that goes in the middle that usually says dodge or plymouth? if thats what you mean my car doesn't have that on it. but other then the trim piece its a straight bolt in?

A Scamp is just a Dart with a Duster front end on it. Is there any difference in the tail lights?. Any way. Yes they will bolt right on there. They are the same car so it would be like taking tail lights off of a 74 Dart and puting them on another 74 Dart.

ya the vanity pannel that would say dodge or plymouth if you want to put a vanity pannel on the car you will need a plymouth pannel for the plymouth light since the light bezels are shorter and a dodge pannel for the doge since the bezel for the lights are longer if you look at the picture of my dart you can see the gap between the lights and vanity pannel

yes burntorange70 they are slightly different, nothing major but they are a little different. Thanks mopardrt, i have no vanity panel on mine so it shouldn't make any difference

-
Back