74 Dart with 72 ends?

-

YY1

Reaction score
I'm going to look at a 74 Dart this weekend.

It seems to be in pretty good shape, and has a late model 360 in it.

I know it isn't the purist thing...but I think we all know the 70-72 styling is more desireable.

I know where a 72 parts car is. (might be a 71)

Can I put the 72 hood, grille, bumper, and rear quarter extensions and bumper on the 74 body?

Thanks for linking that.

I thought I had seen it on here before.

That actually looks like a pretty good project for a novice welder (which I am).

All of the weld seams will be hidden.

Good way to get the chops up.

Wouldn't happen to be the 74 Swinger with the 360 in it in tampa craigs?
Been lookin at that one for the motor and all the other parts to finish my 74 Swinger and 74 Valiant.

do what you want ....but why not leave the 74 as a 74 .......they are pretty good looking cars and its starting to be a rare sight.

last time I went to a show there were quite a few of the 70-72 style and not one of the later style.

shined up with nice paint, a later one will look fantastic. there are some pretty good looking later darts here on FABO

So, finally after almost two years, this lady acknowledges one of my posts, even after I've complimented her numerous times...

...and what does she do?

Criticizes my judgement.

I'm looking for something structurally solid, and affordable to practice my painting and/or welding skills on, that I could ask a fair price for when done, but not mind keeping for a while if it doesn't sell quickly.

Around here the 73 ad up Dodge A bodies just don't move.
72 and down shiny two doors move pretty good.

So, finally after almost two years, this lady acknowledges one of my posts, even after I've complimented her numerous times...

...and what does she do?

Criticizes my judgement.

I'm looking for something structurally solid, and affordable to practice my painting and/or welding skills on, that I could ask a fair price for when done, but not mind keeping for a while if it doesn't sell quickly.

Around here the 73 ad up Dodge A bodies just don't move.
72 and down shiny two doors move pretty good.

my deepest apologies for missing previous posts from you ......im not stuck up but sometimes I manage to miss things I should probably notice. :eek:ops:

and now that I know that you are going to do this project to turn a few dollars then yes it makes sense that you would do what your proposing ......a reality is that the earlier cars are more marketable.

I jumped in with my comment only because I don't appreciate the bashing of the later cars as they are great cars .....however not in market value sadly. :tongue7:

around here the later cars are harder to find and there are mostly earlier cars mainly (67-72) I have been looking for a 75 dart with no luck here.

Best wishes and if I can help....I will jump in :hello2:

I'm just messin' with ya.

Keep doin' what you're doin'.

If you want it to look like a 72, its gonna take more than a front and rear clip..The doors are different inside, plastic panel on top instead of metal, same thing above rear door panels, 73s have no vent windows, so door glass is obviously different... don't know how far your wanting to go with it

Basically just a beak-ectomy and formal tail light loss.

If none of us went for what we wanted or all liked the same thing, we'd all be putting around in '57 Chevy Bel-airs with 454s and Ford 9"s

If none of us went for what we wanted or all liked the same thing, we'd all be putting around in '57 Chevy Bel-airs with 454s and Ford 9"s

Not me, not a big fan of the tri-fives.

I can actually handle the beak on a 29 body, it just overpowers a 23 body IMO.

Funny, I like the 73 and up Dusters, Scamps, and Valiants just fine.

-
Back