74 duster 360 factory rim size?

-

rally

Reaction score
Anyone know what is factory rim size for 74 duster 360?

Its 5x4.5 bbp, I have seen some car come with 14x6 some with 15x7.. What was factory size? Thnks

Well, my 74 duster came factory 15x7, could it be option?

I took words from PO, he said he did not replace the rim and he think it original rim. Guys, you know what interesting? This is P code duster, yes, engine code letter P!

The fender tag read E58 which is for 360 and a lot people said they never heard of big block duster, could be VIN typo. I tend-ed to think that way too. But the more I inspect the car, the more it convince me this is factory big block duster or at-least this car was built for big block engine(and the code P stamped by purpose, not typo).

Here the thread about the duster before I own it: http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=145580&page=2

E58 is the code for a 360.

NO Duster ever had a big block installed at the factory.

Please post the first 7 digits of your VIN.

Its a typo from the factory. The Fender tag has the correct engine size in it. However, it is your car so put 15s on it (hell my 70 is getting 18s) and stuff a 400 (hell a stroked out one :twisted:) and if people say it isn't stock tell them to look at the VIN. Let them figure that out.:burnout:

Its a typo from the factory. The Fender tag has the correct engine size in it. However, it is your car so put 15s on it (hell my 70 is getting 18s) and stuff a 400 (hell a stroked out one :twisted:) and if people say it isn't stock tell them to look at the VIN. Let them figure that out.:burnout:

I was thinking the same but when i do little research I seen some mopar VIN typo, but never seen one with the engine code(5th digit) typo.

VIN stand for Vehicle Id Number. Insurance company look at VIN to determine engine size, we know back in the day insurance cost more for big block than small block. How can owner agree to pay more for insurance if he has small block in the car? Anyone can explain?

I was thinking the same but when i do little research I seen some mopar VIN typo, but never seen one with the engine code(5th digit) typo.

VIN stand for Vehicle Id Number. Insurance company look at VIN to determine engine size, we know back in the day insurance cost more for big block than small block. How can owner agree to pay more for insurance if he has small block in the car? Anyone can explain?

Fender tag, match numbers to verify the original engine is in the car. That or just charge you for the largest engine that could be had for that model (in which case would be the 360 because it's a 74). All that said I'd still stuff a stroked out 400 in that and have at it!

Fender tag, match numbers to verify the original engine is in the car. That or just charge you for the largest engine that could be had for that model (in which case would be the 360 because it's a 74). All that said I'd still stuff a stroked out 400 in that and have at it!

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Number=7279845

Accord to the above thread of conversation, insurance agent determine engine size by just look at the VIN

whats the Vin # stamped on the fender tag and radiator support ? What motor is in the car now and most of all

:worthles:

the ONLY factory big block A bodies were the 67-9 barracudas and darts including the BO29 and LO23

I know that, You know that, LOL

i know, that you know, that we know that LOL

there have been a number of documented VIN screw-ups and this would be one of them

the fender tag shows an "L" and i bet the build sheet does too.
inspect all you want, this is a 360 car.

Attachments

• vins.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 311
  • vins1.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 318
-
Back