74 duster bad frame

-

74duster84

MOPAR PERFORMANCE!!!!!!
Reaction score
hi im in the prosees of gathering parts and information and my dusters front frame is shot especially on drivers side ..frame rail is almost broken off and the transmission crossmenber has unwelded from the transmission tunel......
i plan on buying all these parts new but the thing is i want to mout this car on a rotisserie and i obviously cant mount the rotisserie to the frame so i was wondering if annyone has had this problem and found ways of mouting it from the firewall or something ....as for the rear end i want to install new frame rails aswell and same there can this be done on a rotisssery aswell ........

i also need floor pans ... im just wondering if the technique i plan to use is right for my duster or if theres an altertive i can try and mount it on the rotisery at a later time ??
i will post pictures shortly
thanks

you could always put the car on a lift, just the body and frame. Then jack the car up from underneath and put blocks on the outer edges of the floor pan, disconnect and replace, or better yet, replace, add in cage and subframe. H or X pattern.

I wouldn't mount it on a rotisserie until the body/frame is solid.

If you are looking for rails, x-member and floor pans, I have some stuff available. Just an FYI.

I wouldn't mount it on a rotisserie until the body/frame is solid.

If you are looking for rails, x-member and floor pans, I have some stuff available. Just an FYI.

well i gotta get all of the undersides changed if im gonna do this car im only gonna do it once and its pointless to cheap out by changing or fixing parts of it when i know within the next ten years i will have to do it over and fix the rest.....

what do you have available as far as rails,xmenbers and pans (new-used,price and location) if you would have all the underside id probly get it from you and if the price is right and you have double parts id get them too i have the 74 duster and im looking into a 71 or a other 74 next week (as i have two daughters this will be left to them later in life) and i have my 73 road runner aswell that was on a rotisserie a few years ago ......my wife wants a 55-56 T-bird but she can waite for now its a MOPAR only shop LOL !!!

Oh and thanks guys i just wasnt shure if there was a kit or something for cars in the shape of the duster that would allow it to be mounted but i guess i will just lift it up.....

i was just looking shipping information and holly talk about steep!!!!! i wonder if the local machine shop where i go to to get most of my rocker panel and truck box cross members bent could bend me a set of rails ??? has annyone tryed this before???

-
Back