74 duster codes

-

lsmith92285

65sport fury4264speed
Reaction score
hi i just bought this 74 duster. a have a b body and a c body so i needed a a body!!! my wife didnt think so but she doesnt know anything! interesting car. it has the twin racing mirrors on it. top line of vin tag has L2 and 867. no en1 or en2 on tag. cant find what these numbers mean. please help me. a proud a body owner thank you

L1 - Assembly line 1

L2 - Assembly line 2

The numbers after the L1 & L2 on 1974 Hamtramck cars range from 001 to 999. I do not have a whole lot of 1974 Hamtramck info here, but I looked into it extensively a while back & I could not find a meaning to it or why they did it.

wow you guys are fast and great!!! L2 means line 2 makes sense to me. i checked again today. it is 867. i would guess 867th car down that line or something? something to do with production. i thank you all so much for the info!!!i love my mopars!!!

The numbers repeat on other cars & Hamtramck was making more than 1000 cars per day on each line at that point so it in not a number down the line, not even on a daily basis because it is never a 4 digit number.

numbers after L2 are 867 as they made appox 1000 cars a day why wouldnt this be the 867th car made that day? i am going to try and post a pic. of the fender tag. wish me luck. thanks again for your help. only other code on my car i havent figured out is G64 but i found a mirror that goes on the sunvisor in the glove box. maybe????wow weird stuff. g for glass makes sense to me.

Attachments

• 679_0415.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 129
sorry the picture is upside down. just turn your laptop 180 degrees.nobody ever acussed me of being too smart!

10-4 to you. thanks so much!!!!! it looks like g54 g64 and g74 are all the o/s racing mirrors. thanks to all of you mopar guys for your help with this.

G54----L/H outside mirror remote chrome racing
G64----R/H outside mirror remote chrome racing
G74----Dual outside mirrors L/H remote / R/H manual chrome

-
Back