74 duster Dash Removal

-

deputydodge

Reaction score
O.K, I feel stupid. Can anyone tell me do I really have to take out the windsheild to remove the dash assy. It seems the only bolts left are on the dash pad.
Someone please put me out of my misery.

sadly enough that the easiest way as the screw that hold the dash in are under the windshield gasket. i need to replace my the windshield gasket on my dart, but think its gonna have to wait till i get my spare dash chromed so i aint gotta replace it twice

i got my 71 demon dash out with out taking out windshield out...

cut the bolts off from underneath....and then used J or U- nuts from lowes to put it back in...

it is the easiest way but not necessary. First, take the dash pad off (give you a little more room to work). Then, unplug everything you see that goes to or through the firewall (don't forget antenna cable that goes through passenger kick panel). Then, unbolt and pull towards you (definitely have to drop the steering column i think). Best of luck it's a whole weekend job between pulling and putting it back in with 1 person

ya but hahahahha good luck getting under the dash to get them bolts cut out we left the sheild in my moms duster and after a few bandaids we had the dash out, we will never do that again

thanks for the help you are correct the we took out the glass it was sure easier that way since it is getting new rubber after paint anyway

thanks again
dd

-
Back