[SOLD] '74 Duster front bumper (non shock mount)

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

72bluNblu

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Contact seller
This is the front bumper from my '74 Duster. Like the rest of my front clip, it was removed when I cloned my Duster over to a Demon. The bumper is in decent condition for a driver, I bet it would even polish it up a bit. It does have a small ding or two in it, nothing major. Run it as is or use it as a great core for a rechrome.

Located near Sacramento, Ca. I can ship, and would be willing to remove the brackets and reinforcing core to ship just the outer shell to save on shipping costs. Also available for pick up, or delivery for gas money within a few hours of Sacramento (I burn 91 octane, so probably not too far :D).

Looking for $50 + shipping, obo.

IMG_2036_zps4a02ddcf.jpg

IMG_2037_zps9f7252dd.jpg

IMG_2038_zpsc7c44d67.jpg

IMG_2039_zps99a71a4d.jpg

Hi. Will this bolt directly to my 75 Duster? It had the shock type on it and I didn't reinstall it after getting car painted. I would need the entire unit. What would be the shipping cost to 33570? Thanks, Robert

Hi. Will this bolt directly to my 75 Duster? It had the shock type on it and I didn't reinstall it after getting car painted. I would need the entire unit. What would be the shipping cost to 33570? Thanks, Robert

I really don't know if it will bolt right up. My car actually has 3 holes backed with nuts in the front frame rail. I assume the 3rd, the furthest back, is for the shock style bumper mounts that came out a little later than my car in '74. Mine uses the front two, you can kinda see in the picture below where the bracket was on the front of the frame rail, as well as the 3rd hole further back. So, if those two forward holes on your frame rail aren't backed up with nuts, you'll have to figure out a way to get a nut inside the frame rail.

As far as shipping goes, it was $70 to ship just the outer shell of the rear bumper to Colorado. I would expect shipping the entire front bumper to NC would be around $100, maybe more. I'll weigh it tomorrow and get some quotes.

IMG_1915_zps32183594.jpg

Thanks. I will check my frame rails. Robert

I measured and weighed the bumper. Bumper weighs 60 lbs with the brackets and everything attached. Shipping to 33570 looks like it will be at least $125. #-o

that's about what mine is from the '75. Are there any bumpers that are narrower by a couple of inches for when you take out the rubber filler strip? front or rear? Thanks, Mike.

that's about what mine is from the '75. Are there any bumpers that are narrower by a couple of inches for when you take out the rubber filler strip? front or rear? Thanks, Mike.

Mike, in the rear you can convert to the earlier '70-'73 style bumper if you change over to the earlier mounting brackets and make some small modifications. That's exactly what I did on my car here http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showpost.php?p=1970342487&postcount=70

The front won't be that easy, and since I converted the entire front end of my car to a '71 Demon, I don't know the answer. The earlier bumpers are completely flat, they don't have provisions for the "beak" that the later cars have. So, an earlier bumper, although its narrower, probably won't just bolt up without changes to the grill, or at the very least the lower fill panel. But I'm not positive, because I haven't tried it, and I don't have an early Duster bumper to try it with. Or a even a later Duster front end anymore, for that matter.

Thanks for the info. I think that I will install a fiberglass bumper instead of the stock unit.

No worries. Shipping this thing is something I'm willing to do, but really shipping the whole bumper with the impact bracing and brackets probably isn't cost effective. For those that don't need it, I can remove the brackets and impact bracing to make shipping a little easier to deal with.

thank you very much for that info on the rear. I think I have the brackets off the 73 scamp I had ( totaled by daughter ). Now back to the front, the 73's had the same shape but no shock bumper or rubber filler. Do you think that would work?

thank you very much for that info on the rear. I think I have the brackets off the 73 scamp I had ( totaled by daughter ). Now back to the front, the 73's had the same shape but no shock bumper or rubber filler. Do you think that would work?

Again, it will depend on whether or not your framerails have the mounting holes/nuts for the earlier brackets. The outer shell is pretty much the same from 73+, the '73 Scamp bumper would be the same as mine. Even the later shock mounted bumpers were the same on the exterior except for two additional mounting holes, although the impact bracing and attachments were different on the back for the shock mounts.

Returned! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back