[Found!] 74 duster passenger side door opening trim (top)

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

DusterDaddy

sledgehammer mechanic
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for the trim that finies off the edge of the headliner where it meets the passenger door opening on top. Piece is metal and has some spring clips in the back of it and has screw holes on each end. Only need the passenger side. Had two driver sides in my basket case car when I got it.
toptrim.jpg

I have a passengers side, but it is the same as the one you have in the pic? Is that the one you need?

I have a passengers side, but it is the same as the one you have in the pic? Is that the one you need?
If you hold the trim up over the door opening, the notch that the arrow points to would line up with the chrome strip on the front side of the quarter window.
The beveled side faces the center of the car. This one is for the driver side. A passenger side trim would have the same notch but on the other end of the piece.
toptrim (1).jpg

Check that trim with the car and line the screw holes up, no matter which way you put it on the car the notch will not line up with the chrome on the quarter window and was not designed by the factory to do so as one might think. The notch goes on the outer edge up against the weatherstrip channel and is toward the front a few inches front away from the quarter window chrome. That trim you have pictured is for the passengers side. I have parted many Duster, Dart Sport and Demons and have a Duster here now with the trim still on the drivers side and just took the set of trim off a survivor 75 Duster and that is how the trim is supposed to be, the notch is not for the Quarter window trim. I hope this info helps you get the correct one

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back