74 Duster Sail panel swap

-

keenkeener

Reaction score
Hi guys, Great site you have here! I am freshening up the interior on my 74 duster. I removed my sail panels to fix a crack in them and paint them only to break them about 3 times as much doing this, and then closed the garage door on them!!! Do the metal sail panels from the earlier dusters interchange?

Thanks!

Hi guys, Great site you have here! I am freshening up the interior on my 74 duster. I removed my sail panels to fix a crack in them and paint them only to break them about 3 times as much doing this, and then closed the garage door on them!!! Do the metal sail panels from the earlier dusters interchange?

Thanks!

Yes they will. Thats what I did on my 75 Duster.

DusterInterior1.jpg

Sorry...no they won't interchange directly. The "notch" for the pop out window is in a slightly different place. If you bring over the early tins, you need to bring over the windows too.

I've got a set of early metal ones that won't fit my 73 if your interested in buying them.....

Sorry...no they won't interchange directly. The "notch" for the pop out window is in a slightly different place. If you bring over the early tins, you need to bring over the windows too.

I've got a set of early metal ones that won't fit my 73 if your interested in buying them.....

This must be true. I had a 72 Demon parts car so I switched over all the good metal pats from it and through all the 75's plastic junk in the trash. If I remember right I did change over the pop out window and the latch from the 72 as well.

-
Back