74 duster seat-belt bolt not coming out

-

n00blike

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a 74 duster with a 3 point harness. Im replacing the belts but I cant get the bolts on the roof off from both sides. The bolts just spin, I do notice there is a slit below the bolts. I tried to shove a flat metal bar in there but I didn't feel anything as I spun the bolt.

How have you guys and gals removed them in the past?

Is the slot for a thin wrench? Usually, the slot is to insert the sheet metal nut. Odds are it broke. If you can see how it broke, I've seen people take the piece of threaded thicker metal from behind and tap it with a sheet metal screw from the outside, right next to the bolt head and go for it from there.

Get a good view of what's going on back there. I don't think anything, outside of a drill fastener, cutting it open, or placing a wrench back there is going to get it out.

Well I found some flat wrenches that came with "put it together" furniture. The wrenches where too wide to get into the slot.

The slot is the only opening. I tried sticking a metal piece of metal in there but I cant feel any kind of nut when I turn the bolt.

Here are some pics:

z82n.png

0khe.png

-
Back