74' Duster trunk weatherstrip

-

dusterman79

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm attempting to install the new weather strip in my trunk. The old one was gone when I bought her. My question is, it appears to go on the body ridge around the trunk opening. My issue is that I attempted to install it there and the lid doesn't want to close at all without tons of force. That would be fine but when closed it pushes the trunk lid up and not flush. Does anyone have pics of one correctly installed or know off hand how it goes on? I'm lookin' and even thinking it could go on the actual deck lid too. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My new seal on my 73 Duster was very hard to close initially, but it seems to be getting better the longer it sits. I had to slam it shut pretty hard at first to get it to close so I was concerned as well. I have an extra car I looked at for comparison and make sure I got it the right spot. It sits against the ridge on the body side with the splice at the rear center nearest the latch. I did notice the replacement seal seems to be a little thicker than the stock one.

-
Back