74 front clip.anyone ever customize?

-

74dodge

Reaction score
well lately ive been thinking of ways to make the ole 74 dart look and perform better and ive been pondering the idea of cutting out the front point section of the peice just above the grill(sry dont know what its called)and replacing it with some rounded sheet metal then adding a small ridge so that the hood matchs therefore completely getting rid of the ugly pointyness of the front end i was thinking i could use a scamp front bumper(doesnt have the point.much flatter)and either alter the stock grill,make a billet type grill or use a scamp one if possible.is this possible at all?if anyone has every played around with the 73-76 dart front ends please do post pics

what would be cool is if you could find a 67 (or 68?) Barracuda hood. they are the same hood basically as what is on your dart Except they do not have the peak. then all you would have to do would be to rework the peak above the grille to match the barracuda hood. Maybe round off the pointed nose. i cant rmember what that part on a 74 dart is made out of. Is it sheet metal or fiberglass? yep you could use a duster bumper. (little bit of fab work;not bad tho) The Barracuda hood is cool cause it has the grilles in it. It would take a bit of bodywork talent and some fiberglass etc, it would be interesting. different than just bolting on an earlier dart front end.

ya i thought about bolting on the front end from a earlier dart but then the back end wouldnt match up and i dunno i just dont think it would look right but i like the idea of making a semi one off front end that will get rid of that dam pointiness and look unique.im loving the barracuda hood idea would look good and then i could just round off the nose and not worry about making the peak and ya i figured a duster or scamp bumper would work. will probaly have to either rework the mounts or just make some

How about a '69 Barracuda nose. I understand the '74 hood has the same peak as the Cuda.

cool ya thats basically what i was thinking but just cut the whole dam thing out lol i like your grill idea tho what bumper where u thinking of using?

i want to cut the bumper making is thinner and add some running lights into it like the roadrunner grille

yeah to get rid of the peak above the dart grill you could just slice at the top of the peak and also slice the front point along its point also. then you would have to kind of overlap the sheet metal, kinda pushing it down at same time. Body work til its flat enough to weld up and then fiberglass (aka: "Dart in a can") and I like the looks of that rounded nose of the mopardrt. Maybe use the duster grills also. If you did a good enough job of it, people would really take a double take trying to figure out what is different.

-
Back