Not open for further replies.

quapman

Damn Yankee
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Howdy,

I have a 74 Gold Duster (it's also a Space-Duster with fold-down rear seat) for sale here in central NC. It was originally a slant-6 car, but now has a 73 360 in 'er. Has been correctly installed with Schumacher motor mounts. Also has dual exhaust all the way out the back. Car is 96% rust-free and I had the left front frame rail capped (it was rusted at the bottom). I also added a B&M Z-gate shifter. Everything seems to work except for the temp gage and will need control arm bushings (OK to drive now, but cross-country trips not recommended!). Will add pictures later this week.

I'm asking $4500 E-mail for details and phone #

Thanks

Steve [email protected]

Here's a left side picture of the old Duster....more to come.

LeftSide1.jpg

I'm afraid you're right. Same up here in western NY. I've got two dusters ('71, & '76) both solid and both big blocks. No one even comes to see them. Down there where these cars are still around, you'd be hard pressed to get $3K.
I still like the snake skin roof thing.

Hi,
I want to thank you for letting me know about this site! ( I saw your ad on moparts).

You don't mention rear, does that mean 7 1/4" ?

Did you take OUT a four speed hump?? Floor picture, looks like flat piece of galvanizied in there.

eric

I hope I didn't get any wires crossed by letting the Moparts folks know about this site! LOL

Yes, she's a 7-1/4" rear. The sheetmetal is covering a large hole that formerly made access to a REALLY bad home made shifter. (See my thread in the member resto section.) She was an auto on the column from the factory.

Thaks for the words of encouragement from you guys. Believe it or not, there are way more cars up there than down here, because all the ones from here got shipped north in the 80's & 90's! I do feel your pain dusterdood. I used to have a really hard time selling ANYTHING in the Rochester area. If you do get any kickers, they either offer less than half of your asking price or have to "go ask the wife".

I spent a little time over the weekend and put a nice shine on the car and also polished up the Cragars. Come on down and take a peek!

I'm afraid you're right. Down there where these cars are still around, you'd be hard pressed to get $3K.

And with that in mind, I'd be a buyer at $2200. Southern cars are cheap -- this ain't NY!

And with that in mind, I'd be a buyer at $2200. Southern cars are cheap -- this ain't NY!

Not sure where all these "cheap southern cars" are to be found, but if you can find one with a 360 that runs & drives for $2200, go for it.

I am negotiable on my price, but not THAT negotiable.

A 72 Dustbag needing quarters, fenders and trunk floor, with a slant six sold here in town last February for $3k. Yes, here in the South.

You are right...this is not New York, I can always tell by the folks going 43 m.p.h. in the FAST LANE!!!

Damn Steve. I hope you get a bite. I refuse to lower my two dusters' prices, and that's why they're both still in my garage.
Mike

Now b bodies,like 68-70 chargers and roadrunners go quick,and for a good(high)price for the seller.I know in my area,its always been chevy country around here,can hardly give a nice abody away.In fact,ive never sold an abody to any one local here in nc,always out west,or down towards fla.Ithink thats an awsome price on the duster you have,somebody farther up north will prob snatch it up for that price,if you stay patient,and keep bumping this add up

Good to see you on here Steve. I haven't gotten real far with the '68 since I got it from you. Every time I think I'll be able to make some progress something comes up. Alot of it's tore down and the engine and trany are ready to come out. I don't even have a recent pic... Still using the old ebay one. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back