Custom or Stock?

• Stock!

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • Custom!

Votes: 47 73.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
I have the chrome for the 1/2 top if you need it.

I actually have the chrome for the 3/4 top already but thank you! Does anyone know where to find a layout or pattern for the vinyl top? I learned to stitch vinyl seams really well and might be interested in trying to make a vinyl top myself to save a few bucks.

Well I'm a bit disappointed. I ordered more fabric samples from SMS auto interiors. I ordered a sample that was supposedly a match to my caravan tan seats. What I got looks nothing like my seats. I even sent then a picture. I'm guessing this is actually carpet and/or seat coverings for a Caravan "soccer mom van". I'm going to the local fabric store to see if I can't find pieces I can cut to make my own stripes. Wish me luck!

Well I'm a bit disappointed. I ordered more fabric samples from SMS auto interiors. I ordered a sample that was supposedly a match to my caravan tan seats. What I got looks nothing like my seats. I even sent then a picture. I'm guessing this is actually carpet and/or seat coverings for a Caravan "soccer mom van". I'm going to the local fabric store to see if I can't find pieces I can cut to make my own stripes. Wish me luck!

I found so many cool things at the local fabric store when I was doing my interior. You can get stuff pretty cheap if you look in the leftovers, where they cut the whole roll off, and there's about 3 feet left over they can't put anywhere. I found some cool carbon gray vinyl, black, and white and then learned to sew vinyl seams to make my rear seat.

It's not hard, just time consuming.

As for the pattern, you may not find one, but try buying some cheap fabric, and laying it over the top of the car, maybe a fine mesh burlap, and cut it where it wrinkles up to show you where you need to seam it together?

Looks like the weather has cleared so I can get the 1965 Valve cover out of the shop today young man :cheers: I will keep looking threw your posts and see if there is anything ells I can help with, keep moving forward and patients and just one step at a time will make this a fun build and make many great memories as you move forward :color:

Spring break is almost here! So excited to kick some butt on this car and get some things sent to buyers! As for the project, I'm still looking for some $$$ to get the rebuild parts I still require. I get rehired soon so, busy but not broke! I'll post pics here soon as we'll. the new fender has a hole for a top turn signal light. Going to try and cut a similar hole on the other. Anyone know a good spot to look for those lights? Thanks y'all!

Hey guys! Time for a quick update. I was rehired and have some $$$! Woohoo! The engine is in the rebuild shop. I'm trying to find some 198 conn. rods. I wanna do a Long rod Super six. As seen in a previous post I was leaning toward spinnaker white paint with Ralleye wheels, Caravan Tan interior, (which I found!) and a snakeskin top. I'm also looking at getting fender top turn signals and a hitch for my little trailer plan. Stay Tuned!

Been gone a couple months, I hope all has been well, I am going on a trip and still have the valve cover, let do it after my trip to Mopars in the park, Ok ?

Well Dad and sortof have an idea sketched up. The engine we could Turbo, as i already have a buick 6cyl turbo in a box. this might be kinda neat but idk yet! gonna do some research... Also, Being its a gold duster, dad thinks it needs more "gold". So instead of white and brown, im going to keep the white and repaint the sripes and trunk decorations "Aztec Gold". this matches my Snakeskin vinyl top and interior well looking at samples. The Gauges will be refaced in white, and im gonna paint the bezel the same gold as the stripes. What do you guy think?

Well once again I'm stuck on colors, not that I'm too good with them in the first place. I'm thinking about leaving the car sienna brown like it is, and redoing it With white or black or brown vinyl top + matching stripe. However I'm toying with putting the dart sport triple stripes on it instead of redoing the gold duster stripe. It just looks really cool to me

I like the idea of a white duster with gold stripes better personally, but ultimately it's whatever you'll be happy with. Just because it's a Gold Duster doesn't necessarily mean it has to have gold.

Unfortunately I'm still a ways out on any updates. Working a summer job! I just got word that the block has been all cleaned up, apparently there was a dead rodent that somehow got itself stuck in a coolant passage within the block! will try to keep y'all updated when I can!

-
Back