74 Gold Duster With Snakeskin Top-Anybody Else Have One?

-

quapman

Damn Yankee
Reaction score
I recently bought a 74 Gold Duster...Light Gold with a wacky Snakeskin 1/2 Vinyl top. Anybody else here have one? What are your paint & top codes??

Is this at all rare?

Does anyone have production #'s for 74's at all? Gaylen is no help as usual.

Thanks!

im not so sure how rare it is but my cousin has a 72 duster, when he got it it was a gold duster with the half snakeskin roof, but now its hemi orange with a black hood and no vinyl roof

Heres an auction that has another Duster with your top.
E-bay # 180234283097 So far 0 bids with 3 days left. Pretty good shape, but has been in the California climate most of it's life. Not like most around here that lived in the salty climates in the winters. (Southern Indiana)

I have one, I'll have to go home and check out the VIN code and such. it is light gold with white vinyl top As well.

I also have a 74 Gold Duster with the three quarter or halo vinyl roof in snakeskin as well. The code for the roof is:VY4- halo vinyl roof gold. Other codes as follows:
A64-Gold Duster Package
VX5-body side protectivemoulding with vinyl insert-black
C73-fold down rear seat
V84-body sport stripes-gold
C6XW-trim grade-custom; trim style-vinyl bucket seats; trim colour-black and white
C16-console with woodgrain; bucket seats
C56-dual reclining bucket seats
E24-225ci 1bbl 6cyl 105hp
D34-Torqueflight standard duty
KY4-golden fawn paint (as you can see by my avatar, the car is not golden fawn. It looks more like yellow blaze KY5. I think they painted it the wrong colour at the factory. I have the car completely gutted and that is the colour I find everywhere with no signs of a repaint).
Not sure how many Gold Dusters were built in 1974 but all together there were more than 277,000 Dusters of all kinds built that year.

my buddys got a 74 gold duster with the snakeskin vinyl roof. Im not for sure but ive seen more than a few other ones before so i dont think they are that rare

I have a '74 Gold/Space Duster, Rallye Red with black interior, canopy roof, and stripes.

My roof was the standard vinyl texture.
I think my '74 brochure showed "reptile" skin only available on gold roofs.

Bought a parts car several years ago that had the snake skin vinyl top. I didn't like it,though. It eventually went to the scrap yard.

There was one at the local salvage yard it was a 74 318 car. I got the doors and front end out of under it.

back in 1973 I picked up a used 72 Duster,, had what we called back then 'the Alice Cooper roof',, the car was a mustard yellow, 4 speed, slant six, came with ralleys,, I took those off,, probably gave en away.. and put on a new set of cragars,,

drove if for maybe 6 months and sold it,, kind of wish I had it now...

heres mine 73 with orignal color y3 honey yellow orignal /6 car now 340

Attachments

• carpic.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 716
  • carpic2.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 437
Here is my 73 gold duster with the snakeskin vinyl roof.

Attachments

• duster jy9.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 957
  • dustertop 018,2.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 949
Mine was also the fawn gold with the snakeskin top. I'm pretty sure it was the default for 74, but I could be wrong. The wife wouldn't let me keep that top, for some crazy reason XD

I have a 73 black gold duster with the snake skin top. I don't like it but I will keep it because you don't see them a lot. Car is getting a new motor put in now, will post pics once I get it back. My vin # for the 73 is VL29C3B546088

I had a gold 1973 Duster with the snakeskin top that I sold in Gulfport, MS right before Katrina. Always wondered if she got washed away. That one was about as clean as they come. Was a Grannies car with super low miles.

I have a 73 black gold duster with the snake skin top. I don't like it but I will keep it because you don't see them a lot. Car is getting a new motor put in now, will post pics once I get it back. My vin # for the 73 is VL29C3B546088

-
Back