74 or 75, is there a difference?

-

Mick Semantel

Reaction score
I'm in the process of upgrading my 75 Dart. I'm pulling out the slant 6 and dropping a 340 horse 360. I will replace the engine wiring harness, but can only find harnesses that only go up to 74. Is there a difference in wiring harnesses between 74 and 75?

You only have /6 harness or a V8 harness,with or with out A/C,the only other option is a lean burn.Why don,t you jusy make a harness or replace the bad wires,as I can send you the wiring diagrams to you if you email me your address,Mrmopartech

I agree with Mr. Mo that most harnesses are the same depending on engine and A/C. I own a '76 Duster and I'm also finding that most of the aftermarket seems to have a prejudice against the '75 and '76 cars, even though almost everything will interchange from '73 and up. I too plan on doing a V8 swap in the future and will be purchasing a '74 V8 harness. Good luck, Mick.

The wires look fine, and the car doesn't have A/C. I heard that when the /6 is removed for a V8, the wiring harness must be swapped out as well. I did consider doing my own, it just seems over my head. I'm the only one in my family who isn't an electrician. But thank you for all of the support.

Mick, the only difference between the slant six wiring and V-8, for '74-'76, is the last @ 1-1/2 foot of wiring.
There is a black connector that you just unplug and replace with a V-8 end, so there is no need to remove all of the wiring from the engine compartment.

I have a V-8 end wiring that will correct this.

Mark.

-
Back