74' Scamp

-

Newf

Reaction score
Hi all,

I wanted to ask your opinions about a car I'm thinking about buying. It's a 74' Scamp with a slant 6 77,000 original miles. It has always been garage parked, no accidents and some minor surface rust on one rear quarter panel. The asking price is $4000 CAD. I have a 440 that a friend gave me that I would like to rebuild into a 375-400 hp motor 727auto 3.55 gears 2500 stall. Two questions before I continue with this pursuit. 1. Does this seem like a reasonable price for the Scamp, 2. Can I get some decent headers on the 440 in this body? I am a Welder by trade so I've got the know how when it comes to custom fabrication, just would like to get some opinions on what would need to get done for this to happen. Thanks.

JB

I can't say a whole lot about the value, but it does seem a little high-just guessing. But then I live where you can get a decent driver for 2k if you look.

I have done the 440 swap and bought the whole Schumacher kit. Nothing was real difficult, but everything was a small challenge. My car was a /6 74 A body as well.

The end result of my car was right where yours would be. It was fast, fun and reliable. Easily daily driveable if you cared to.

I enjoyed it but sold it off. Some regrets, but life moves on. Looking to do another.

ROB

It seems I've posted this topic twice. oops! Can i delete it or do I need a Mod to do it? Anyhoo, i picked up a used forged crank today for 2 bills. Sky is the limit now. I plan to go to put a deposit on the car next weekend so I'll take lots of pics and post them when I get back.

Cheers,

JB

Does anyone know the aprox curb weight of a 74' slant six Scamp?

Thanks,

JB

-
Back