74 Swinger - Covington, WA

-

SwingSet

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm Phil and I'm checking in with my first Dart. I've waited 18 years to pick up another 70s Mopar since I was a dumb kid and gave up the 77 Aspen 2dr coupe I had (another 318 auto car).

This one is a 74 Swinger 318, 904, bone stock. Has had some body work on the passenger side, but I'm not holding that against anyone. It needs typical TLC like seals and gaskets replaced, rear quarters repaired, interior refinished, and wiring upgraded. I'm finding a ton of aftermarket support for these cars and I'm just ecstatic. I am coming from 15 years of Jeeps and 4wd experience, so I'm no stranger to modding vehicles. I was thrilled to find out that the old Denso 90A alternator from my 96 Cherokee (which was replaced with a 120A unit) can be swapped in with minimal effort. I work in the aftermarket industry for a wholesaler and have a ton of resources. I'm happy to have a new project to tackle and document. Goal is a mild built 318 and a firm, cornering suspension with rugged drivetrain, including overdrive transmission swap. I'm designing a race/hotrod inspired interior for it, including some of the slick gauges available. Have a line on a Performer intake and 600cfm carb with some mild use. :)

Glad to be here!

i-P5mjnvn-M.jpg

welcome from a bit north of you in friday harbor, lot of good people here enjoy. nwdart

-
Back