74 Swinger

-

Mopar Beatnik

Reaction score
We just picked up a 1974 Dodge Dart Swinger, Slant 6 225. I used to own a 1963 Valiant Wagon with this same engine, so I am happy to be back in the saddle again, so to speak.

The Dart is in pretty good shape, though issues keep cropping up. I want to thank the folks over at North American Muscle Cars, Inc., here in Portland for helping us out when it died. The checked us out and got us back on the road quickly.

I will be posting about a very recent, very real problem that just cropped up and is vexing me... Transmission fluid leaking all over the fan and coating the belts and hoses and radiator. But I promise to scour the forums first!

Look forward to talking to you all.

Douglas

Welcome! It's possible the transmission lines running to the radiator are loose or broken, or maybe the bottom rad tank is leaking.

Welcome to FABO!

You will enjoy this site. Great people and great information!

Ma Snart

Attachments

• WOW Drver Side Rear 3 QTR.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 82
Welcome! this is a great place for information and conversation among like minded friends. hope you enjoy it here.

Thank you for all the welcomes and good luck wishes.

The radiator was indeed leaking transmission fluid. It took a little work, but I got everthing tightened up and cleaned up (so as to get all the tranny fluid off the belts, pulleys and components...)

You guys all rock!

Douglas

-
Back