74 to 67 disc brake swap

-

1DARTGT

Reaction score
Hello,
just trying to get some more info on what i will need to complete brake swap from a 74 dart to a 67 dart. I have a donor 74 v8 dart that i pulled the front brake rotors, upper & lower arms, spindles, prop valve, master cylinder and lines.

From what i've read some say that what i have so far is all i need. I've also read that i may need to get the steering box, pitman arm, idler arm and center link so everything lines up. I've also read that the later model steering linkage and p/s gear box wont fit the earlier cars. Hoping to get some clarification on this matter before i don't have access to the donor car anymore. Thanks for your help a body fans

You don't have to change the lower control arms, but you do have to use the lower ball joints that are on the spindles.

got my front disk from a 73 and just used the upper control arms and spindles/calipers.
Only thing I had to do special was swap the left/right calipers around - they hit the sway
bar the original way from the 73, and had no turning radius. Also put on the 73 master cylinder and prop valve but didn't notice any difference. No power brakes on my 67, all
manual. Think it made my tires stick out a 1/2" on each side but nothing noticable.

-
Back