74 Valiant Brougham

-

TinyValiant74

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm back and ready to work on my Brougham and after all your encouragment. So here's some pictures of my the project. I'm calling her Maxine. But before I get into what I really want to do i've got to work on the actual pulling out of old **** that I don't want to be in there.

So here's what she looks like...
Maxine1.jpg

Maxine2.gif

Maxine5.gif

Maxine6.gif

Maxine7.gif

Maxine8.gif

Maxine10.gif

Maxine9.gif

Maxine11.jpg

I'm on my way guys

Your Valiant looks to be pretty solid,so far i don't see anything that can't be fixed.
What are your plans for it?

and away he goes!!!!! :thumbup:
Maxine looks great, and you named her, she's yours! :toothy7:
keep taking pics too!!!!

blind:glasses1:

I'd like to drop the suspension and put a bigger engine in her but I really want to make her a sleeper.

so far there is no ignition in the steering column so i haven't been able to test her out. But I know that a tranny flush is on the table because her previous owner put motor oil in the tranny.

so yeah...

I saw the car and I had a vision. You know what would look really cool?

How about it lowered down a couple of inches with .920 front torsion bars and a Polygraphite front suspension kit, a pair of de-arched 5 leaf springs in the back. A set of 17x8 Bullet wheels with 225/50r17's, black centers. the car painted Dark Graphite Gray, body color bompers, blacked out trim and grille, and finished off with a 318 Magnum FI engine and an A518 O/D trans.

Leave the outside just like it is.... Spend all your money on the drive train... Blow their doors off....

SleeperScamp said:
Leave the outside just like it is.... Spend all your money on the drive train... Blow their doors off....

I tend to agree. The car has something about it that I like, a sort of "evil Presence". Hehehehehehehe........

Maxine Looks Like she could use a tail light and drivers side rear marker light.
I will keep an eye out for these part's if they pop up.
Congratulations on your find :wav:
Your 74 Valiant will be great and keep us posted. :thumbup:

flyboy01 said:
How about it lowered down a couple of inches with .920 front torsion bars and a Polygraphite front suspension kit, a pair of de-arched 5 leaf springs in the back. A set of 17x8 Bullet wheels with 225/50r17's, black centers. the car painted Dark Graphite Gray, body color bompers, blacked out trim and grille, and finished off with a 318 Magnum FI engine and an A518 O/D trans.

i like that but I would change the color to black metalic clear coat and i'd actually like to leave her with the chrome. which is a departure for me because I usually hate chrome. the engine and tranny sound good, but i've always wanted a car with a carburator. those springs in the back would really achieve the stance I was looking for. but what the heck is a 'polyghraphite front suspension kit?' (sorry i'm kinda new at this)

TinyValiant74 said:
i like that but I would change the color to black metalic clear coat and i'd actually like to leave her with the chrome. which is a departure for me because I usually hate chrome. the engine and tranny sound good, but i've always wanted a car with a carburator. those springs in the back would really achieve the stance I was looking for. but what the heck is a 'polyghraphite front suspension kit?' (sorry i'm kinda new at this)

http://www.p-s-t.com/mopar/mofekpg.html

fekmopg.gif

TinyValiant74, very nice car!

Here's mine '74 Valiant, it's original 318 car (4bbl 600 Carter, double exhaust from manifolds), TF904 + 8 1/4. Sweet car to cruise with and has some sleeper spirit in it.

DSC00203.gif

TinyValiant74 said:

If you want a black metallic with clear coat, you might want to look at the color that is on our 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan. It's called Deep Slate. It usually looks black, but in the right light you can see that it's a very dark gray.

If you are interested, I will give you a screaming deal for my 318 out of my car once I pull it out. It does not smoke, has a mild cam, recent rebuild, engine mounts, 4 bbl weiand intake, 600 cfm edelbrock carb. It might be about 3-4 months before I pull it out. Trans might go with it too.

SleeperScamp said:

Hell yeah!!! Leave the dirt and dust just clean off the windows, replace the broken lights, maybe spiff up the interior and add some autometer guages low down so no one can see them from the outside, build the piss out of a smallblock, paint and detail the engine bay, beef the hell out of the suspension, then confuseand scare the crap out of people! :thumbup:

I saw a old dodge 3/4 ton truck at a carshow that was all beat to hell, rusty, not a streight panel on it,you could see the bottom of the motor and it was all greasy and dirty. I walked up and looked under the hood and THER WAS A HEMI!!! the engine bay was fully detailed and chromed out but the bottom of the hemi was painted so it looked all dirty and gross. Everyone was talking all this **** on this truck until the looked under the hood. It was one of the coolest things I ever saw.

Here is another cool idea, paint it olive green, make it look distressed like this truck, and stencil this on the doors. A set of 15x7 wheels painted the same color, some dog dish caps, and a nice healthy small block. I would also do a dual exhaust with some moderately quiet mufflers. THis would be a sleeper from hell.

I saw this truck at a drag strip, he had just bought it and was planning to put in a 5.7L Hemi in it.

100_0040.jpg

100_0041.jpg

100_0079.jpg

Thanks for all the advice so far guys, but I've got more of a practical question now.

I've been looking arround for parts for Maxine but I keep coming up with nothing.

SO

here's my question I know that there's a great deal of interchangability (is that a word?) between Valiants and other A-body's I'd just like to know which other models can swap parts with mine in terms of interior/exterior stuff. Like doors, grills, body panels, etc.

thanks in advance.

The car looks good man! My Aunt had a '74 Valiant 4-door with only about 18,000 miles on it, original tires, rubber mats, radio delete stripper! It was red with black interior. I wanted to buy it from her then one day I noticed it was not in her garage. She said she had sold it!

I know who bought it but she's in an old folks home now, with slight dimentia. She bought it for her daughter who apparently had no money. I bet it's sitting in a backyard or in a garage....I'm going to go visit her one day, I finally found out what home she's in!

The steering wheel looks great for my '69 Valiant......get back to me on that!

On the front end- Fenders, hood, grill, bumper, ect. any 73-76 duster, valliant, scamp will inerchange.

Dash and dash parts- any 70?-76

Rear seat- 4 door only (I found out the hard way that a 4 door rear seat will NOT work in a 2 door)

Doors- 4 door dart or a valliant.

Suspension- any A-body 73-76

Front seat- Not sure but I think that any 2 or 4 door seat will work.

Door pannels and the rest of the interior trim- Any 4 door A-body 73-76

Slant six- If your going to do a swap for another slant try to get the latest one you can. I think it was 1978 that they got rid of the sparkplug tube heads.

V8- Hemi

That is just off the top of my head anyone please correct me if Im wrong.

65s said:
The car looks good man! My Aunt had a '74 Valiant 4-door with only about 18,000 miles on it, original tires, rubber mats, radio delete stripper! It was red with black interior. I wanted to buy it from her then one day I noticed it was not in her garage. She said she had sold it!

I know who bought it but she's in an old folks home now, with slight dimentia. She bought it for her daughter who apparently had no money. I bet it's sitting in a backyard or in a garage....I'm going to go visit her one day, I finally found out what home she's in!

I think that you've got your hands full with your 'deviant' project but I can't wait to see what you and your buddy would do with it.

360scamp thanks for all your info. If anyone else has any info i'd appreciate it.

-
Back