74 Valiant Brougham

-
Sweet Ive Got A 73 4 Door, So Im Right There With You, So If You Come Across Any Hard To Find Stuff For The 4 Doors Let Me Know, Ofcourse Mine Is A 73, Lookin Good Tg

360scamp said:
Hell yeah!!! Leave the dirt and dust just clean off the windows, replace the broken lights, maybe spiff up the interior and add some autometer guages low down so no one can see them from the outside, build the piss out of a smallblock, paint and detail the engine bay, beef the hell out of the suspension, then confuseand scare the crap out of people! :thumbup:

I saw a old dodge 3/4 ton truck at a carshow that was all beat to hell, rusty, not a streight panel on it,you could see the bottom of the motor and it was all greasy and dirty. I walked up and looked under the hood and THER WAS A HEMI!!! the engine bay was fully detailed and chromed out but the bottom of the hemi was painted so it looked all dirty and gross. Everyone was talking all this **** on this truck until the looked under the hood. It was one of the coolest things I ever saw.

My brother in law had an old Ford (PUKE) LTD that looked like any other old family ride...But had a B.A. 429 Super Cobra Jet under the hood... Sleeper to the max.....Embarrassed many a folks with that ride.. :thumbup:

TinyValiant74 said:
so far there is no ignition in the steering column so i haven't been able to test her out. But I know that a tranny flush is on the table because her previous owner put motor oil in the tranny.

so yeah...

Just some tips I Picked up when I did my slant 6/360 swap

The slant 6 engine wiring harness works well with the 360
The TTI Headers fit very nice ( no beating or bending required)
The Shumacher mounts are da Bomb for the conversion ( perfect fit)
A radiator from a D100 truck fits in really well
be sure to get the kickdown linkage from the same truck ( if Auto 727)
this includes the bracket mounted to the manifold
Get a carb spacer with the holes ( 4 ) not the open type $20 on EBay)

E bay is a Godsend for parts somedays

Vinyl paint works miracles on interior ( about 3 bucks a can)
Don't use the angle oil filter adaptor GO REMOTE ( about $65.00 )

If using a Holley Carb Make sure your fuel filter has a return line ( 3 position) inlet from tank, out to carb and a return from filter ( will save the accelerator Pump)

Stay with the slant 6 torsion bars

WIndow fuzzies for the 73 and 74 are the same for the outers ( not the inners)
. If I can recall anything else will let ya know.

PICT00172.jpg

thanks for all the patience guys, I'm sorry i've been away for a couple months but when the all mightiy dollar comes calling I tend to listen. Anyways i'm back now and i've got some interesting ideas for Maxine. Look for my questions in the engine and \6 sections.

Okay all, Enough complaining and waiting. Summers here and it's time to move on my project. I've been going back and forth with what I'm going to do with my engine, put in a 318 a 440 or maybe even an SRT-10 engine but i've finally decided to not do any of that and sick with my slant 6. BUT i've decided to do something a little different.

It was suggested a few months ago that I turn Maxine into an EFI slant six. And after much deliberation i've decided to do it, but instead of a throttle body for air induction i'll be using a turbo. I've been doing my homework and I think that i can do it. I found these guys on a project car page and they seem to have done what I want to do.

http://www.drakecoatings.com/DCI Racing.htm

so that's where I stand. Just wanted to update you guys and galls.

have a great weekend.

Tiny

-
Back