741 Chunk

-

Patch

Patch
Reaction score
Hi all....I've never driven my 65 Dart with an 8 3/4 yet, but I do have a 741 chunk (non SG) Is it worth holding onto? From what I have seen over the years, it doesn't seem that they are that wanted. I'll be putting in a SB 408 with a 4 speed and going with a converted and narrowed truck D60 (overkill I know, but don't ever want to mess with it again) Should I put it out to pasture?

They are still a good center chunk.

I like the 2.94 gear ratios and if you have a set of 2.94 ring and pinion gears you need to have the 741 center chunk to put them into.

So yeah. don't send it out for scrap.

My 70 Duster came factory with a 741 carrier and 3.91's and its lived this long. My cars life might have been a rough one since there are signs it had a roll cage in it at some point.

Hi all....I've never driven my 65 Dart with an 8 3/4 yet, but I do have a 741 chunk (non SG) Is it worth holding onto? From what I have seen over the years, it doesn't seem that they are that wanted. I'll be putting in a SB 408 with a 4

speed and going with a converted and narrowed truck D60 (overkill I know, but don't ever want to mess with it again) Should I put it out to pasture?
I run a 741 and have had no problems with it 520 hp 560 torque with cheater slicks . the only 741 i've seen blow up was on a 66 charger with a 440 six pac 4speed car with a guy that did burn outs getting in and out of his driveway guy tortured that rear end . 741 is not as weak as people say

-
Back