741 sg 489 open 8 3/4

-

moparisbest

Reaction score
i was wanting to no can this be done i was going to pull the suregrip unit out of the 741 case and pull the open out of the 489 case and use the gear set from the 489 on the suregrip and put it back together in the 489 case and was wanting to no will it work and do i need to use the carier bearings from the 489 are will the carier bearings from the 741 work in the 489

Yes it will work.

Keep the bearings and races together with the sure grip unit.

what you are saying is the carrier bearings and races are the same in the two defrent carriers 741 sg and 489 open ?

what you are saying is the carrier bearings and races are the same in the two defrent carriers 741 sg and 489 open ?

The outer diameter of the races are the same. The bearings might be different depending on what year (different i.d. on some yrs.) but it doesn't matter if you just keep the races from the sure-grip with it like Rob said.

The outer diameter of the races are the same. The bearings might be different depending on what year (different i.d. on some yrs.) but it doesn't matter if you just keep the races from the sure-grip with it like Rob said.

Ditto! I've done it a hundred times.

-
Back