75/76 Duster Grille in a '73?

-

Jeffs73

Reaction score
I like the simple look of a 75-76 duster grille. I am having trouble find an honest answer if one of these grilles will go right in my 73. I have heard the radiator supports are different and all kinds of story's. Please let me know if you can inform me.

I put a later model grill in one of my 73 Dusters as you are wishing to do. Minimal trimming, fitting issues. Swap was easy and looked great.

73 408 Duster

I did the conversion on a Duster and did the same on my Dart Sport. I don't recall what any minor mods were, or if any were needed. Parking light sockets were a tight fit on one, but forgot which. I believe you have to loose the plastic bumper filler that's attached to the grille? The Duster was about 10 years ago.

A '75/'76 grille needs '75/'76 headlight bezels.

Darts are the ones don't switch out as easy as Dusters
73-74 Grilles are different than 75-76 Grilles
The major difference is the header panel you need a 73-74 Header Panel to use 73-74 grille and a 75-76 Header Panel to use a 75-76 Grille and the headlight bezels are different as well
But the headlight bezels interchange but 75-76 has more lines in them to match the more fins the 75-76 grilles have

Header panel is what most commonly refer to as "The Beak"

-
Back