75 dart front end suspension

-

concrete52

Reaction score
restoring a 75 dart swinger -225 slant 6 - not for race - its a driver - what can i do to make better for the front end suspention - the aspens and volare have a transverse torsion bars - will this crossmember set up work in exchange for what i have or are there easier options - thanks

You could get into a big mess doing that.

For a driver, I'd do bushings, maybe new bars (stock small block), control arm reinforcement, decent shocks and let it go at that.
(As well as the obvious stuff if needed, like ball joints and tie rod ends.)
Anything else seems like overkill and a waste of time and money for a daily driver.

Believe it or not it is so much easier to find new and replace the old bushings and straight torsion bars on the Abody than to attempt to locate certain bushings and shells for FM&J body cars with the transverse torsion bars.

also... the K frame for the 73up B, R, F, M and J bodies are Isolated from the frame rails with thick rubber bushings... I cant see how these could be adapted to an Abody but I guess nothing is impossible.

Replace the worn steering and suspension parts with stock and you won't believe the difference. The only changes I made from stock were to replace the slant six torsion bars with the V8 version and upgrade the steering box to the first level Firm Feel box. Align the wheels as suggested and it will drive like a new car.

-
Back