75 Dart Sport Conversion??

-

moparstud440

Reaction score
I considering buyin a 1975 Dodge Dart sport. I would much rather buy a 70-72 duster, since they are my fav cars, but I can't find one that is in decent shape that I can afford. This 75 Dart is good shape and a good deal, however I don't like the big pointy noise on them, so I was wondering what all I would have to do to change it or could I even change it. I thought about swapping a duster/scamp noise onto it, but don't know if its possible. The fenders are longer on a dart, so I know i would need the fenders, hood, grill, bumper, lower valance and all that stuff if it is even possible, then I also thought, why couldn't I just put a demon/dart hood and grill on it, and that'd save me from having to get fenders. Does anyone know if these conversions are even possible or if they will work? Thanks

It's up to you, if your a good sheet metal worker and welder and have alot time and money. If I was you I'd keep looking for a duster if thats what you want. You'll have plenty to do just working on it. Walt:cheers:

My good freind bought a 74 Space Duster w/sunroof off me years ago. I gave him all the front pieces incl. fenders to swap over to a Dart/Demon front. It looks great, and confuses the heck out of everyone.. Will try to post some pics tomorrow.

You can put the 70-72 Dart/Demon front endon it relatively easily. I have thought about doing just that with my 73 Swinger, but the pointy nose has grown on me. :-D

Here's pics of my buddy's DusDem :)

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

I swapped a 70 Dart front end onto my 74 Duster.
It took about 45 minutes at most.
Everything bolts directly up except the bumpers.
However, the holes for the bumpers are already in the frame, just not threaded.
You will also need to wire up the turnsignals, which is easy, as the wires use the same color coding.

The other problem is that the hood release cable isn't long enough to work if you keep the one from your car.

I like to call mine a Dust Devil :grin:

While grabbing spare junkyard parts for my Sports, I snatched a 74 Duster fender since it looked the same.
Yea, it is.
Except for the wheel opening has a different contour at the bottom rear.
Just a subtle difference.
Didn’t realize that till I got it home and compared it.
Some day I am going to do some kind of front clip swap just for kicks.
Got to find a cheap one first.

My roomate and I are planning on swapping a '68 Dart front end on his '73 Duster. We'll see how that goes.

-
Back