75' Duster 340

-

75dust440

75dust340
Reaction score
Got some wiring done, radiator,alternator,Shes plumbed from carborator to fuel cell. I hope to fire her up within 2 weeks for the first time. Checked the compression on each cylinder and was good(195-205) on all, of course its a new motor... anyway heres some pics.

IMG_0061.JPG

IMG_0126.JPG

IMG_0065.JPG

Looks good !!! Two things come to mind that may not mean anything, but I don't see a fuel filter, and I noticed you have the heater core inlet and outlet just capped off ... I don't know if your motor will miss that little bit of circulation by not having a hose connected between them ... (just thinking out loud) I'm sure others more experienced will set me straight ...

Good luck with it !!!

Kenny

Thank you. The car has no heater core anymore, circulation shouln't be a problem. there is a fuel filter but the alternator is blocking view of it. The general purpose of this car will be to make 30 mile round trips to the soda stand with the family or to the local 1/8 mile for a couple of passes. This car will not be super street freindly but thats not my intention. I fired her up today for the first time for about 10-15 seconds and I am happy to announce my tags will probably read "CHAOS".. She is going to be stout!!

The brightest white I can find with a black six pack hood and black 340 stripes. The bumpers will be fiberglass as will the hood and I will have them white also.

hmmm looks vaguely familiar in that grey coat.... lol .... mine had been that way half of its life.

Looks good. keep us posted.

Thanks !

-RPM

-
Back