75 Duster VIN and code lookup help... pic included

-

edb_app

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could tell me what these codes mean. Im new to owning an A- Body. Thanks in advance.

VIN# VH29C5G125072

DSC05900.jpg

Some of this may be wrong but this is what I came up with ...... The decoder I used says up to 1974... Some of the codes came up as .... (Below)

Let me know if any of them fit.

VH29:
Plymouth Valiant,Duster
Unknown
2 Door Sports Hardtop

St. Louis, MO, USA

125072: Sequence number

E24: 225 cid 1 barrel 6 Cylinder 145hp
D34: Light Duty Automatic Transmission
LE9: Vintage Red Poly Exterior Color
E2L3: Trim - Unknown, Vinyl Bench Seat, Parchment
000: Full Door Panels
A10: Build Date: October 10
938062: Order number

V4L: Unknown Top Color
U: USA Specifications

L31: Hood/Fender Mounted Turn Signals
L73: Seatbelt Unfastened Lamp
M21: Roof drip rail moldings

M26: Wheel Lip Moldings
M38: Decklid Finish Panel Moldings

R11: Radio Solid State AM (2 Watts)

Y16: Sales Bank

Thanks for the response... that is all basically true, except everywhere says 75... but I have been told it has to be a 74 due to it having manual drum brakes all around... is this true??

I was told that my car has the "Hang ten" package due to the back seat completely folding flat and accessing the trunk... does anyone know about the details of that??

Thanks again!!!!

the hang 10 package was a dart sport feature that i think had a moon roof, special paint, and interior. The duster version i think was called the space duster cause it added more cargo space. i do however believe that you could get a dart sport or duster with the fold down seat without getting one of those special packages.... not sure though. as far as the drum brakes go, i believe that around '73 they started doing something with what engine you had decided your brakes. ex, all slant 6 cars had drum brakes (not sure if you had a/c if you had drums or discs though?) all v8 cars had non power front discs and if you had a v8 car with A/C then you had front power discs... once again, i'm not sure about it but hey it's what i've noticed over the years....

The car has the decals that say Gold Duster under the 3 layers of paint this poor baby has been covered with. Do you know if you can have both the Gold Duster and Space Duster packages?

might have missed some

V4L: cream canopy vinal top..............
n37: catalytic exhaust system..............
k6l: parchment side stripe...................
a64: decor package.............
a91: deluxe insulation package............
c73: space duster dackage............
g51: driverside remote chrome mirror........
m25: body sill mouldings...........

Thanks for the response... that is all basically true, except everywhere says 75... but I have been told it has to be a 74 due to it having manual drum brakes all around... is this true??

I was told that my car has the "Hang ten" package due to the back seat completely folding flat and accessing the trunk... does anyone know about the details of that??

Thanks again!!!!

It is a 75. Says so in the vin. Brakes have nothing to do with the year of the car.

gold duster with a fold down rear seat as mentioned.

I agree that the brakes have nothing to do with the year of the car. A/C, Non-A/C also has nothing to do with the brakes and correct me if I am wrong, I believe the only cars that came with discs standard were the 340 cars for 73 and the 360 cars for 74-76.

I parted an all original 74 Dart Swinger a couple years back that was a /6, 904 with LBP power disc brakes, had a LBP 7.25 rearend and also it had A/C. I parted a 74 Duster last year that was a 318, 904 car with power disc brakes and non-a/c. I also found a couple 73 318 A/C Darts in a local junkyard with power disc brakes.

Joe

-
Back