75 Plymouth Duster

-

Larry Hutchens

Reaction score
New to A body forum, belong to B body (62-65) so this question may be have been answered before. I need new floor panels for my 75 Duster but AMD only lists floor panels for models up to 74. I have looked at a few 74 models and can't see much difference in the chassis & sheet metal. Anyone know if the 74 units will fit the 75 or if there is a great deal of difference. If there is a difference is it surmountable (do-able).

I have a feeling that in 1975, the floor was slightly revised for catalytic converter clearance. The converter generates heat so it might be possible that there was a hump in the floor to allow some room around it. The frame rails are the same. Very few people would put a stock single exhaust and catalytic converter back in the car so I'd guess that the earlier floor pans would work. Also, the firewall and floorpan below the rear seat are similar so it is possible that only the middle sections are different.

The hump for the conveter is what the difference is. I put a complete AMD floor in no issues. With a driver side front patch or half panel I couldn't say if it fits.

I think I read somewhere that the pass. seat bracket was changed because of the hump for the cat?

New to A body forum, belong to B body (62-65) so this question may be have been answered before. I need new floor panels for my 75 Duster but AMD only lists floor panels for models up to 74. I have looked at a few 74 models and can't see much difference in the chassis & sheet metal. Anyone know if the 74 units will fit the 75 or if there is a great deal of difference. If there is a difference is it surmountable (do-able).
I used front floor pans from Year One that were listed as up to 74. No problem. The difference is under the drivers seat. It is recessed and a second layer of metal bolts on as a heat shield for the cat.

I think I read somewhere that the pass. seat bracket was changed because of the hump for the cat?
My car was cobbled together by th previous owner, but it had earlier model seats with an additional bracket on the left side of the drivers seat boosting it up to match the raised hump section by the trans tunnel.

My car was cobbled together by th previous owner, but it had earlier model seats with an additional bracket on the left side of the drivers seat boosting it up to match the raised hump section by the trans tunnel.

Yes, the seat brackets change. Only a problem if you have a factory bucket seat car. I had a pair of 75-76 bucket seats years ago. I'm not sure if one seat or both seat tracks were different.

Yes, the seat brackets change. Only a problem if you have a factory bucket seat car. I had a pair of 75-76 bucket seats years ago. I'm not sure if one seat or both seat tracks were different.
Lol I never did finish my response before I posted, but was going to say I thought the seat brackets were different.

If you're not planning on running a catalytic convertor, the 74 and earlier floor pans should fit fine.

Only the left inner bucket seat track is different on cat equipped cars.

-
Back