75 Scamp?

-

Woody'sScamp

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
This will be the first of many questions, I'm a new member. I have recently bought a '75 2 door Scamp Brougham. Only 34,000 original miles, 318, automatic. I'll post better pictures once it gets here. My cell phone pics are bad. I've decoded the fender tag and have the broadcast sheet and everything seems original and in order.
1.) Can anyone tell me what are these codes are from the fender tag L1, N38, N91?
2.) Also, from the broadcast sheet, L65, S12, T24, V61, V79, V87?
2.) It has Valiant tags on the front fenders and Brougham tags on the roof panels. I though all 2-doors were Scamps and 4-doors were Valiants? Is this because it's a "Brougham"? Was it mis-marked at the factory?

Thanks all,
Woody

Scamp (13).jpg

Valiant broghham ......the cousin car to the Dart SE.

Your vin number should start with VP23 which is a valiant brougham .. .a scamp would start with VH23.

Like the Dart SE ....the valiant brougham is going to be a loaded car with many extras and features as standard that would be
extra cost on a scamp or lower end model.

Old thread but I just wanted to welcome you to the club! I'm also in Penfield!

Old thread but I just wanted to welcome you to the club! I'm also in Penfield!
DNasty777,
Thanks for the shoutout. I read through your project thread. I will continue to follow it. Great work! Of course I love all Valiants, especially 2 doors! I live over by community center off of Baird Rd. Maybe we could meet up sometime, you look like you know what your doing! Me, not so much. Pretty much an old "rookie." My car is going to take awhile, but I'm patient. Here's what it looks like now. The interior is the best part, it's got that mid 70's velour seats and shag carpet!
Woody

14 in. (3).JPG

Passenger Side View.JPG

That interior is very cool and it looks like it's in great condition!

I wouldn't say I know what I'm doing, but I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty and break stuff haha. I live right around the corner by bay trail elementary/middle school on Scribner Rd.

-
Back