750 holley leaking

-

downsr

Reaction score
I have a 750 holley with vac secondary.Noticed the car would kick back when i first tried to start it after sitting over night.Ipulled the carb off and saw gas laying in the intake.I put it back on and set float levels. The next day i looked in the sight glass on the bowls and saw both bowls where low.Replaced power valve and gasket see nothing wrong with it.Any one have a similar problem
or ideas with whats going on

The needle is stuck open,flooding the carb.Pull out and clean of dirt,than make sure tank,lines,are dirt free,add new fuel filter.

You can only really check and verify the float levels with the car parked level and running.

The next morning, shut off after sitting all night is irrelevant.

Fuel in the intake after removing the carb..... all you had to do was move the carb linkage once or twice while taking it off and the accelerator pump would have squirted fuel into the intake.

My 2 cents for what it is worth.

Needle valve seems okay and i made sure i did not move the linkage when i took the carb off.The intial timing is 18.

Only kicks back after sitting all night think fuel is collecting in intake overnight.After it starts it will not do it again no matter how many times you start it.Going to try different carb this weekend.All most positive its leaking but do not know from where.

After shutting it off, look to see if fuel is dripping from the boosters

Changed the carb today,started it up and let it run for awhile. Going to run it again later and let it sit over night and see if there is any gas laying in the intake in the morning
I did not see any gas leaking out of the boosters.

-
Back