76 C-body as daily driver

-
well my plans are to pull as much of the smog stuff off of it as i can. i don't drive very much any more but wife wants another car around in case kids get sick at school or my Doc appointments

okay i was wrong it is a 75 and may be a newport but there is not much differace between the two.

I have a '67 New Yorker that I plan to build for Interstate Highway cruising. It has a 440/727 trans, but I don't yet know which rear end gears; I'm hoping for 323 or better. The 440 provides plenty of torque and I want to increase it in the 2,000 RPM range.

These are ideas I will keep in mind for maximizing mileage:

Stiffer secondary springs for the Holley carb.
Maybe taller tires if gears are too low.
Better intake and exhaust.

I did some of this to my '68 GTX daily driver during the oil embargo in the early 1970s. I was getting 22 MPG on I-95 in the flat lands of GA, South Carolina, and North Carolina with the car loaded with all my belongings. Of course, driving at 60 MPH and being light on the gas pedal while driving around in towns (I-95 wasn't completed at the time) also helped.

FISHBREATH this is going to be my around town little to no highway driving, 02 Buick about 30 MPG you do know you can find a dakota trans,518 vacuum switch and two pressure switches along with an adaptor from these guys, http://smrtrans.tripod.com/smrtransmissionsintro/index.html , you can put an overdrive trans in it and make your gas milage even better.

well we went and looked at the car last night the body is fair to good dent right front fender hole right rear quarter. opened the hood, well the roadants had moved in took us a few minutes to find the motor under all the leaves that where under the hood. then in to the wiring well lets just say we never did find the negitive battery cable, had to pull it of the motor home sitting next to it. got the battery in it opened the door well lets just say the passenger side window was left open and for how long not sure but the interior was light tan now is mold green. okay back to getting the car to start bartery is in hooked up some things work some thing don't. it would not turn over from the key but would turn over from the starting siliniod. in short we think that alot of the wiring has been chew through so sorry to say this car will be going to the crush what a bummer.

has any one tried to put a sterring collum for one of those in a dart it had tilt telescoping and cruse on it and with my big but it would work really well in a dart.

oh and got more pic's for what it is worth
this was the only good part of the whole interior
img_1289.jpg

tail end
img_1290.jpg

in the trunck
img_1292.jpg

the rats nest and you can see the hole

yes it is, if the car was not so much work to get it going i would have it in the drive way

-
Back