76 Dart front clip swap?

-

NorthernMainer

Reaction score
Hey folks, was driving by a local towing company yesterday, and saw my Dart I had back in highschool sitting there. It's a 76 4 door. So I bought it back (it's been 12 years since I had seen it), now I'm curious. What other front clips will fit on this car? I've heard 70-72 will with some modifications. I'm not the biggest fan of the pointed front end.

Also curious if its possible to swap the tail panel/back bumper as well.

Any help is appreciated, thanks guys.

21101089_10159355966520531_2120804979_n.jpg

Last edited:
Your biggest challenge will be the bumpers because the '76 has the "shack absorber" bumper brackets front & rear and '73 & earlier do not. I don't know much about the rear tail panel on the 4 doors. I think some came with the lights in the bumpers. But cutting and welding the parts would be involved.

The front is less of a problem and you'd have to use the whole front clip. It's basically a bolt-on with possibly some wiring changes.The earlier bumper brackets & frame could be modified to work together.

Your biggest challenge will be the bumpers because the '76 has the "shack absorber" bumper brackets front & rear and '73 & earlier do not. I don't know much about the rear tail panel on the 4 doors. I think some came with the lights in the bumpers. But cutting and welding the parts would be involved.

The front is less of a problem and you'd have to use the whole front clip. It's basically a bolt-on with possibly some wiring changes.The earlier bumper brackets & frame could be modified to work together.

Awesome, thank you. After a little digging, and looking at photo's I believe the back can be swapped around too. The quarter panels are the exact same, the only real difference is where the side marker is located.

Hey folks, was driving by a local towing company yesterday, and saw my Dart I had back in highschool sitting there. It's a 76 4 door. So I bought it back (it's been 12 years since I had seen it), now I'm curious. What other front clips will fit on this car? I've heard 70-72 will with some modifications. I'm not the biggest fan of the pointed front end.

Also curious if its possible to swap the tail panel/back bumper as well.

Any help is appreciated, thanks guys.

View attachment 1715086228

Cool score, or re-score...

-
Back