76 dart wiper knob needs to come out.

-

snowcrow

2 Time dart owner
Reaction score
Ive seen how to and know how to get the light know off but cant figure out how to get the wiper knob off. Can someone help? Ive searched the site and tootle and found nothing specific.

Basically what it looks like is a cog/gear looking piece under the wiper switch that looks like the one that unscrews on the light knob after knobs been pulled off. It looks like someone attempted to unscrew it before but failed horribly and scraped it up pretty bad.

Basically what it looks like is a cog/gear looking piece under the wiper switch that looks like the one that unscrews on the light knob after knobs been pulled off. It looks like someone attempted to unscrew it before but failed horribly and scraped it up pretty bad.

Is it a round knob? I don't know this car very well to know what it takes. Can you post some pictures so we can see what you see?

I looked for some switches and this popped up. I don't think it is like this style so post some pictures.

!BPJwd7!!mk~$(KGrHgoH-CoEjlLlfZ3LBJyPrt3ZE!~~_1.JPG

on the outside of it should be on bottom if it has one. If you dont see one it should just pull off. It is sometimes hard to pull off.

Just a circle know and on the back of the dash it doesn't have a screw or a button to take to off. Its just a solid plug with a few teeth holding the metal on the plug for protection. Ill post pics in a bit if I don't find out how to do it.

Should be the same as my 73 - you just pull the plastic knob off, then the retaining nut comes off just like the one on the light switch.

Just a circle know and on the back of the dash it doesn't have a screw or a button to take to off. Its just a solid plug with a few teeth holding the metal on the plug for protection. Ill post pics in a bit if I don't find out how to do it.

The screw would be on the button on the tip that you twist. Or it would just pull off.

-
Back