76 Duster A/C removal

-

jeremy2146

Reaction score
I'm wanting to remove the remainder my A/C system and put in Non A/C, I have read a few articles on here about guys doing it, and was wondering if anyone had any advice or tips for me. Currently I'm missing the lover vent, the lines under the hood, compressor and brackets, and condensor....so basically I believe all I need is the non A/C heater box and new controls, and to build a new bracket for the blower motor to mount on the firewall.....I think......
will all years of dusters/Abody's interchange?
any info/parts/advice will help

If you convert to a non air heater box it will change the coolant line position. To properly do this or go to a factory air unit (reverse process) you would have to change the firewall sheetmetal for a clean factory look. The sheetmetal is stamped different on the rt side of the firewall for a heater only and an a/c car.

if you're removing your a/c, i assume it's a weight savings thing...my advice: just take out what's left of the a/c and remove the heater box (that thing weighs a ton) and don't even run a heater....all you have to do is join the lines that would usually run to the heater core and that's it! That would be the lightest setup, cleans up the engine bay, and looks factory inside the car...

-
Back