76 Duster floor pans/seats

-

mod5v

Reaction score
So I just got done installing my US cartool sub connectors. and found out the hard way that the 76 floor pan must be quite a bit diffrent from the 75 and older ones. Now I need a new carpet(4sp) and I would like to put diffrent bucket seats in. The ones that were in the car when I got it are trashed and I think they came out of a Chevy S10. So my questions would be has anyone replaceed the carpet in a 76 car and how did it fit and also what seats have you used other than original ones. I don't want to spend 5-600 for seats I have to recover and If I go with diffrent seats I'd like to get them fitted before the carpet so I can weld up all the extra holes in the floor.

I would like to see what is so different about the 76 floors,for my own reference.Also can you post the website to the place you got your subframe connectors from,or post some pics of them too?As far as seats go,there was a decent looking,very recoverable set of a body buckets in the forsale area not long ago.ok,see ya,good luck

I'm told that the 76 had a cat-converter and that was the reason for the floor change? I do know that in order to get more coverage on the SFC I had to add strips of metal in some areas. John at US Car Tool sold me the connectors,he did mention that they might not fit correctly on the 76.

-
Back