76 Scamp conversation to 73 Dart

-

TheScampowner

Reaction score
Hi, what do i need to change my 76 scamp to 73 dart ???
I know it needs alot of cutting at the rear end but how about the front end? What should I change ? Sorry for bad English

Sorry I can't answer your question but will say your English is very good - much better than my French when I went to Paris last year!

Hi, what do i need to change my 76 scamp to 73 dart ???
I know it needs alot of cutting at the rear end but how about the front end? What should I change ? Sorry for bad English

Fenders, Hood, grille, header panel and bumper. The frame rail will need to be modified slightly because 76 has the oil cans on the bumper mounts and the 73 has the older style fixed bracket, so a hole needs to be drilled out and a nut needs to be welded in the frame rail to accept the 73 type bumper bracket.

on the rear ....you need to change the tail panel which is spot welded in ....I believe that part is being re-popped if I remember correctly and also need a 73 rear bumper and lower valance.

73 had the tail lights mounted in the bumper where 76 had the tail lights mounted in the body and the bumper was separate.

I put a 73 dart back end on my 76 swinger. It really wasn't that difficult. On the front, I collapsed the front bumper shock mounts, got rid of the bumper filler, and moved the bumper back 3 inches

Attachments

• aug2011 049.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 72
-
Back