78 Power Wagon

-

khaley71

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
So I pick up this little jem at a local farm sale today to the tune of $800. Has a very solid body 440 automatic 4x4, a/c, aux trans cooler, cruise control, am fm cb radio, 4:10 gears and sway bar. It was originally red and silver. It has what I would say is delux interior. Headliner, wood grain dash and door panel accents, tuff wheel and carpet. I found a lot of the original paper work in the glove box $9280 brand new. Has Kelsey Hayse trailer brake controller and

Attachments

• image.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 245
The truck is drivable...it needs to be gone over though. The brakes feel soft on it and think the gas tank may have a leak and it needs tires. I'm not parting it out. I'm gonna go over it clean it pretty good see how the paint buffs out...it looks kinda crapy and driver her for now.

Very nice score. That is almost exactly what I 've been looking for, except for the standard cab. Congratulations!

Very good score I'd say! I bought a new F150 4x4 in 78'. It was pretty basic with the 4 speed, 351ci motor, PS and not much else. I remember paying $7400 for it. For almost $2000 more you must have gotten the top of the line model...

What's not to love about an old 440 Power Wagon? That thing should pull tree stumps without breaking a sweat.:cheers:

Here's a Ramcharger we used to have in Red and gray. I always thought it looked really sharp. Wish it had been a 440! :notworth:

Attachments

• 018_18.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 201
GREAT score ! You gotta keep it ! I've had a bunch of Dodge trucks from 76 and up , I still have an 84 Ramcharger and I just got a 79 440 Warlock (That's why I'm selling my Dart) . Oh Yah , my daily is a 97 lifted Sport .... But anyways , I still say keep it , clean it up nice and enjoy it . It will probably never let you down .

love it dad bought 1 new in 1978 360 4bbl auto green with black guts .
he put headers on it and snow mag white spoke rims . and bigger tires i loved that truck

If I could afford to feed them, I'd have another in a heartbeat! 77 W200 here, daily driver for 5+years. I have some NOS front end stuff if you need it. PM for details.

Jim

Those old trucks are a tank, will pull anything.
I had a 76 like yours only it was the extended cab 8' bed.
Same options 440 auto, 727, Ac, 4x4, 3/4 ton 4.10 Adventure package.
FYI 33" tire will bolt right on with no rubbing.
Horrible milage, there was a reason that they came with duel gas tanks.
4 mpg.

I still have a 78 1/2 ton, 4x4 no option standard cab SWB, with a 318 4-speed and 3.55. averages 14 mpg, works good for light duty work, but that 76 440 was horse.

-
Back