79 Dodge Colt sedan 360/727/8-3/4 $6500/trade?

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

540demon

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
not trying to get rich off this car...just tired of watching it collect dust. i dont seem to have the time,energy,or desire to work out the rest of the "bugs" and race it. id rather have a decent street car. its located in 24064 (blue ridge va). i do have a clear title,and with a little extra effort would make a killer cruise night car...but im looking for something i could drive ANYWHERE. to race there a few more items that need attention,but nothing major. the entire package has less than 40 1/8 mile passes. i havent raced if for 3 years,but every few months i take it down the road a couple miles (thank god im a country boy!). the $6500 price may be a little nego but seriously...where you gonna find another one for this price? think you could build it for this? i know the answer to that one (unfortunately):yawinkle:
id consider a decent trade offer...all ive ever had are a-bodies...so id look at those...but i really really really want a 67 Plymouth 2 door ht. would also consider a camper/rv to shut the ol lady up. no more boats please. pm me for more info...or call me at____oh yeah..they dont want phone numbers on ads.

heres the thread from back when i built it : http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=49892&highlight=anyboby+smallblocked+70's+colt?
thanks for looking guys!

Attachments

• 012.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 2,068
  • 003.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 1,456
  • 009.JPG
    139.4 KB · Views: 1,140
  • 016.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 1,511
  • 013.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 1,021
Would gladly trade mine for yours, but soooo far away.
May have to pull the 2.5 and go big block!
Have the suspension x member.
Love the Colt!

Attachments

• daytona2.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 837
  • daytona5.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 914
  • daytona4.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 849
  • daytona.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 891
what bugs are in it and what did it run in the 8th also what gears are in it rear end size

Would gladly trade mine for yours, but soooo far away.
May have to pull the 2.5 and go big block!
Have the suspension x member.
Love the Colt!

man...thats a good lookin shelby! kinda makes me wanna paint mine! im still havin fun spankin those local mustangs with mine lookin like if fell off the scrap guy's truck!

Attachments

• phone 082.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 825
  • phone 110.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 821
what bugs are in it and what did it run in the 8th also what gears are in it rear end size
bugs:
the headers are leaking
right axle has a slight bend to it (need to order some stranges)
msd box installed,but not wired. still running off chrysler electronic ign
paint came off the grille..im currently trying to remove old paint

the best it ever ran was 8.10's but that was with the secondaries unhooked,3.23 gears,and through the exhaust. the track operator wont allow the car to go faster than 7.99 without a cage. im sure with the 4.57's and secondaries hooked up its gonna go well below that.

the first track i took it to it wouldnt hook with 80 lbs in the trunk and 18 psi in the tires. the track was and still is JUNK to say the least. i then took it to a much better track (a lil further away) and it hooks HARD with 21 psi and no ballast. on a decent prep'ed track the suspension works unbelievably well. car launched and drove straight,braked straight,and smoothly (until the axle issue showed up).

broke the grille today trying to get the old paint off. dropping the cash price $1000 to offset that + the cost of a new pair of axles. new cash price $5500

those wires hanging in the passenger floorboard are the msd wires that i havent hooked up.

Attachments

• 2012-04-023.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 731
  • 2012-04-22%252016.35.10.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 722
  • 2012-04-22%252016.34.38.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 723
  • 2012-04-22%252016.35.41.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 710
  • 2012-04-22%252016.34.56.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 708
This is a great deal at $5500. My 65 cuda ran against early colt with similar setup during a test and tune at our local 1/8 mile track and it shocked/destroyed me. Ran in the mid 7s to my mid 8's. Good luck with sale.

Oldschoolcuda

This is a great deal at $5500. My 65 cuda ran against early colt with similar setup during a test and tune at our local 1/8 mile track and it shocked/destroyed me. Ran in the mid 7s to my mid 8's. Good luck with sale.

Oldschoolcuda
thanks man. I'm losing my rearend at this price! I thought it was a good deal,but it sure isn't generating much interest. I've got it listed on several sites...it may be a lil TOO unusual....I dunno

ok,kids ballgames were rained out so i started on "the bugs" tonight. started trying to repair grille,and pulled the leaking headers off. waiting for gaskets to get here that i had to order. if i somehow get those leaks stopped and the grille fixed,i will wire up the msd (if i have time this week). i will be putting the price back to where it was.

nobody's got a car for trade?
70 dart?
72 duster?
demon?
67 satellite/belvidere?
nothin?
is this an uncool car...and im the last to know it?:banghead:

fixed header leaks and grille....turned out alot better than i hoped! took it for a quick spin and then it happened...i remembered how much fun this cars is. i was wanting to free up the garage space....but maybe its jus time to build another garage!
The car is no longer for sale...i just cant let something like this go that i cant replace...ever! the only thing that could change my mind would be an awful nice 67 Plymouth sat/belv 2 door.
sorry for wasting anybody's time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back