-
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaseyW

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Trying this again. Looking for a complete rear-end for my 63 Valiant. 8 1/4, sure grip. would prefer something in the low 3's so i can maintain decent gas mileage. Looking for something complete with SBP that will bolt right in. Don't want to have to move perches. Live in Northern California. Would prefer something that has been rebuilt and is ready to go, but still interested in something that might need work. Thanks a million.

Sounds like you want an original A-body rear so you do not have to do any work......Factory A-body 8-1/4 rears were all large bolt pattern from the factory.....just as all 8-3/4 A-body rears were small bolt pattern

Sounds like you want an original A-body rear so you do not have to do any work......Factory A-body 8-1/4 rears were all large bolt pattern from the factory.....just as all 8-3/4 A-body rears were small bolt pattern

Bummer, wonder if it would be easier to get new wheels for the rear or keep the wheels and get SBP axles to fit the 8 1/4, if they are even available. Would prefer to do as little as possible.

I would just buy an 8-3/4 A-body rear if you really want SBP and don't want to do any work.....It is a better rear than the 8-1/4 anyway...Although they are more expensive than the 8-1/4's

Or you could redrill the axles from a 8.25 to sbp...... There's a member on here that has a rebuilt sure grip unit for sale that you could add to a locally sourced 8.25

Or you could redrill the axles from a 8.25 to sbp...... There's a member on here that has a rebuilt sure grip unit for sale that you could add to a locally sourced 8.25

Yes, good thinking....that is another option

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back