8 1/4 pinoin sunbber

-

SRT_DSTRHOLC

Reaction score
So I found out why i have a big clunk sound in the rear... The big rubber piece thats suppose to be on the adjustable snubber fell off...anyone know why? and should I just buy a new one? or what?

Speaking in pure general terms, there would appear to be something else wrong. If the is an adjustable pinion snubber it must have been added as an aftermarket unit. Even with the rubber in place, it really shouldn't be making hard contact unless its under extreme launches at the drag strip. You didn't state under what circumstances this situation arises. Now with the snubber missing and extra clearence it should be happening less. Sounds more like severe spring wrap. I'd be taking a closer look at springs and what they're attached to. Might be the syptom and not the cause.

yes the rubber on the snubber whats like as close as I could put it.. so that might be why, I think they say it should be 1inch away from the bottom?

The only time you want it close to the floor is when you are racing. During normal street driving you need it away from the floor so the axle can move over bumps.

-
Back