8 1/4 value

-

Jamakin

Reaction score
I was just wondering if there is any value to an 8 1/4 rear end?

I have one in a parts car that I am scrapping and if there is no value to it i'm not going to waste my time taking it out.

My duster has a 7 1/4 but I already have plans to upgrade to a 9in (i know i know but i got it cheap and its the right size ) :)

I sold one a couple mounths ago for $100, it had 2.45 open gears

pull it, because people like me who are making a low buck cruiser would want it over a 7 1/4. i would like to find one for my valiant since 8 3/4s are steep in price and it would be plenty strong enough for my slant 6.

I was leaning towards pulling it, I wanted a couple people to haul the car for scrap but nobody wants it because there isn't anything left on it so they wont get much money.

I might borrow a friends trailer and tow it in myself. It will suck moving it with out a rear but if i can't get anybody to give me money to haul it away i guess it is worth taking the rear.

I'm probably going to flip the car over to get the rear out, I don't think i to lay underneath this heap when i can flip it with the tractor and cut everything out

Unbolt the everything! There is value in the shock plates and front and rear hangers/shackles. The parking brake cables have value too.

all good info

I wish it had bbp axles though, it would probably be easier to sell. I haven't looked yet to see if it has a limited slip or not. Maybe I will get lucky :)

Why not swap your 7 1/4 with the 8 1/4 so that way the car can still roll

all good info

I wish it had bbp axles though, it would probably be easier to sell. I haven't looked yet to see if it has a limited slip or not. Maybe I will get lucky :)

all 8 1/4 rears had big bolt pattern 5X4.5" axles, all A-body 8 3/4 rears came with small bolt axles, 7 1/4 rears are the only ones that came both way's

low buck builds now usually consit of a 318 or 360 with a 8 1/4 we have 3 of them stockpield cant go wrong with a semi heavy duty rearend KEEP IT!

I sold the 8 1/4 out of my parts car. The local scrap yard came and picked it up and wrote me a check for the remaining shell. Had no suspension front or back.

I have an A-Body housing, B-Body complete rear end 410 posi.
I do not have the axleshafts. Could we make a deal?

I would swap it with my rear but my car is currently a driver and I plan on upgrading to something better then an 8 1/4 I was only going to keep it if its worth saving.

The rear is sbp, are you sure they never made 8 1/4's in sbp?? It is a different shape and size then the 7 1/4 in my duster and its def not a 8 3/4 because it has a cover plate instead of a removable center section

....i'm confused now....

the distance between two adjacent lug nuts on a small bolt circle is approximately 2 1/4"
the distance between two adjacent lug nuts on a big bolt circle is approximately 2 1/2"
measured center to center, some picks would help, what front brakes were on the car?

-
Back